cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Find out how Tiffany, a Customer Experience superstar uses Dropbox to keep her family in the loop when it comes to her new baby here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: garcon crash 114.4.426 Mac

garcon crash 114.4.426 Mac

Sjøgren D.
Explorer | Level 4

I have 2 Macbooks (15" 2018 & AIR 2020) both running 10.15.7 and both have the same Dropbox problem.

Tons of garcon crashes every day. If i'm right it's the driving force of the small icons thats shows if your file is Online or Offline (Cloud only)

I say that becaurse i also see the icon problem everyday. I see it and then i don't see it. I have to go into systemprefferenses and Extensions and reactivate/activate the Dropbox finder extension.

So somethings up with the latere Dropbox releases because i never had this problem before.

Thanks.

53 Replies 53

Sanchez
Dropboxer
Hey, @Sjøgren D., thanks for getting in touch. Let's see...

So, is it just the syncing icons that are disappearing/appearing on your files? 

Does the Dropbox desktop app continue to run, or is it quitting and restarting itself? 

Do you have a screenshot or log of the crashes that you can share? 

Let me know, and we’ll go from there. 
Cheers!

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Sjøgren D.
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Sanchez

I never use the Dropbox Desktop application really. I have the Generel preferences set to Finder and not Dropbox.

And yes it is the syncing icons that is disappearing/appearing on both my computers (Mac's)

I have to go into System preferences / Extensions and tick/untick the Dropbox Finder Integration to get it working.

All the folders in the Screenshot should have Dropbox file sync icon but docent. Now i have to untick/tick the Dropbox

finder intergration to get icons again.

Skærmbillede 2021-02-01 kl. 13.45.39.png

I trashed all the garcon crash files the other day. Stupid me. I always have to clean up my Mac as a crazy person so now i don't have any crash logs at all.

I will post them when new ones comes proberply later today, sorry

Sjøgren D.
Explorer | Level 4

Here are the latest garcon crash log

mmm, how do i inseart a crash.log ? i just tried with the "insert code" but it said i was over 30.000 letters or something 😞

https://www.mediafire.com/file/dv39t6bqowxybdf/garcon_2021-02-03-001746_MBPr15-2018.crash/file 

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hey @Sjøgren D. - if you want to send us a crash log you can simply copy-paste it here, or send it to us as a screenshot. 

In the meantime, could you have a look at this article which has a few ways to troubleshoot this?

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Sjøgren D.
Explorer | Level 4

I did try to copy/paste here and it said something about "Message cannot exceed 30,000 characters" ?

So i couldn't paste it and a screenshot is only showing the part i choose. You can't take a screenshot of a long document.

At least i can't. I did try but found another way. I also already read the stuff you linked to.

My Dropbox docent stop/crash only the part that control the icons online/offline thing and from what i know. Thats the 

garcon that controls that right ?

Skærmbillede 2021-02-05 kl. 17.44.25.pngSkærmbillede 2021-02-05 kl. 17.44.45.pngSkærmbillede 2021-02-05 kl. 17.44.55.pngSkærmbillede 2021-02-05 kl. 17.45.04.pngSkærmbillede 2021-02-05 kl. 17.45.13.pngSkærmbillede 2021-02-05 kl. 17.45.25.pngSkærmbillede 2021-02-05 kl. 17.45.33.png

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @Sjøgren D., thanks for the images. These aren't Dropbox error messages, but logs from the Mac itself. It seems like the app itself is experiencing issues on the device.

If you're not on a Dropbox Basic plan with more than 3 devices connected, could you try an advanced reinstall of the app using the steps in this link?

Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Seeing lots of garcon crashes in Console.

John M.230
Explorer | Level 3

I upgraded to Catalina not that long ago and I'm seeing lots of garcon crashes in Console. Four today.

Do others have this happening too? I can share the report from Console.

PS The list of available tags is ridiculously short and unhelpful.

Re: Seeing lots of garcon crashes in Console.

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hey @John M.230, thanks for reaching out to us. 

Could you first clarify if you have the latest version of the desktop app installed?

Do you also have any pending OS updates?

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Re: Seeing lots of garcon crashes in Console.

John M.230
Explorer | Level 3
Yes, the app reports that it’s the latest version and I’m on Catalina’s latest as well.
Need more support?