cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

get rid of Drobox completely

get rid of Drobox completely

Foreverdonut
New member | Level 2

I was testing out dropbox a few months ago and didn't want it anymore so I uninstalled it but all my files are in a dropbox folder and it is frustrating because it makes the file loccations so much longer than they have to be. For example I am making a workspace folder for eclipse for one of my univeristy classes. The workspace folder is C:\Users\Foreverdonut\Dropbox\My PC (DonutsPC)\Downloads\School\Spring 2021\CSC-342 . So much longer than I want. I want it to just be C:\Downloads\School\Spring 2021\CSC-342 . I don't want dropbox to have anything to do with my computer and files. If anyone could please help me get rid of dropbox without deleting all of my files that would be great. I would have loved to have chatted with a live chat support person but couldn't find that option. 

1 Reply 1

Re: get rid of Drobox completely

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @Foreverdonut, thanks for your message!

It looks like you enabled the computer backup back then, since that's the file path you'd get.

If you've already uninstalled the Dropbox desktop application completely, you could try moving that folder back to the default location in C:\Users to see if this helps.

If you're getting any errors, please let me know!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?