cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help

c_c
New member | Level 2

morning,
i'm probably wrong here. but i'm unable to get contact to dropbox support so i'm hoping anybody out there can help.

i've been using dropbox approximately over the past 20 years. its always been free and to my knowledge without restrictions besides the size.

how ever, recently i upgraded a PC to an SSD HD. this pc had always been connected to dropbox. after the HD upgrade (copy, so same system, same installation, user, applications, even hardware) the dropbox app would not allow me to login again, claiming that a maximum of 3 connections were allowed.

im quite upset about this and expect this to be an error.

is it an error?
or ist this rather how dropbox handles their first day users who had earned a lot of other uses for them?

many thanks for any answer.
cheers
c_c

2 Replies 2

Re: help

behzod
Super User

Hi,

Basic users have a three device limit as of March 2019. If you reached linked device limit then here are the steps to unlink some of your devices. 

1. Sign in to dropbox.com.
  2. Click your avatar (profile picture or initials) in the upper right corner.
  3. Click Settings.
  4. Click the Security tab.
  5. Your linked devices are listed under Devices.

Re: help

c_c
New member | Level 2

hi behzod, 

many thanks for your fast response ...

pitty - so obvisiouly user treatment and not an error.

will act accordingly.

thanks

c_c

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?