cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to find dropbox account details from command line

how to find dropbox account details from command line

Kaman
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I am using dropbox on my linux box (NO UI, just command line).

I know how to find dropbox account details (eg: login email) from UI.

Just do not know how to find account details from command line.

Is that possible?  Please help me.

I just want to do something like this from command line:

https://www.dropbox.com/help/account/find-account-email

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey there (@Kaman), thanks for your patience! I’ve consulted my resources & I can confirm your initial thought; in other words, as mentioned here: If you're running Dropbox on your server for the first time, you'll be asked to copy and paste a link in a working browser to create a new account or add your server to an existing account. Because this information isn’t stored, you will not be able to retrieve it at a later date. 

Hopefully this answers your question, however please do let me know here in case you have any follow-up questions & I’ll do my best to check back on this discussion asap. Cheers! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey there (@Kaman), I’m wondering if you’ve had a chance to check back on this resource to get going with that. From there, could you elaborate a bit on what info you’d like to gather, so as to make sure I’m following-up with you correctly? 

Thanks a lot for taking the time to clarify matters for me; rest assured that I’m here to help as much as possible. Have a wonderful Friday ahead & I’ll be awaiting your next reply! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Kaman
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have checked the link you provided.

This is where I learn how to setup dropbox on command line.

BUT I cannot find a way find my "ACCOUNT EMAIL".  That's the reason I post this question here.  I guess you need update your linux client to add this function?

Kaman
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Can someone confirm it is impossible for now?

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Ah, there could have been a refreshing issue on my end, so I had only seen your first message here (@Kaman), please accept my apologies for the slight delay in getting back in touch. I’ve asked whether there’s an option to retrieve this detail using the Command line & once I have an update, I’ll circle back to you on this discussion. I hope this is-even slightly- helpful to you! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey there (@Kaman), thanks for your patience! I’ve consulted my resources & I can confirm your initial thought; in other words, as mentioned here: If you're running Dropbox on your server for the first time, you'll be asked to copy and paste a link in a working browser to create a new account or add your server to an existing account. Because this information isn’t stored, you will not be able to retrieve it at a later date. 

Hopefully this answers your question, however please do let me know here in case you have any follow-up questions & I’ll do my best to check back on this discussion asap. Cheers! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jane Dropbox Staff
    Kaman Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?