Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

how to install a second personal basic dropbox account unrelated to the first on a PC

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I work for two attorneys.  Need to have one personal basic account on my computer for each of them.  They must be separate.  When I try to install/access my second account, it comes up with the e-mail address attached to the first account, and I don't know how to change it.

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Re: how to install a second personal basic dropbox account unrelated to the first on a PC

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @Anni1111, welcome to the Dropbox Community!

Currently, there's no way to have two Basic Dropbox accounts installed and running on your desktop. Instead, you must log out of one account and sign in to the other.

You can have a look at this article for more info. 

Hope this helps!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Re: how to install a second personal basic dropbox account unrelated to the first on a PC

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

In order to log out of my first attorney's account, should I go to his icon and click "Close All Windows?"

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey again @Anni1111, it sounds like you're using a web browser. 

In this case, all you have to do is sign out and then sign in with the other one. 

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Lusil

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi Lusil,

Thank you for trying to help.  I am signed out of the original account, but when I try to sign into my second account, it shows the username from the original account, and when I try to input the username for my second account, it says the password is invalid.  I am tempted to simply delete this second account and start over, but am afraid that might delete the original account, which I still need.  Can you tell me if it is safe to delete the second account?

Anni

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @Anni1111, thanks for your update!

I wouldn't want to say it would be safe to delete the account without you being certain, but you would need to be access the account to delete it anyway.

Since you're getting an error when trying to sign into the second account, can you try resetting your password for that account?

Let me know if this helps - thanks!

Daphne

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?