cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to prevent losing file create date on uploaded m4a voice recordings from iphone

how to prevent losing file create date on uploaded m4a voice recordings from iphone

VirgCodes
New member | Level 2

audio files uploaded as m4a files from my iphone are records of conversations. I need to retain the original file create date, but can't find it once i save to dropbox. Instead the date stamp is the upload date. How do I find the original file create date? Or save the voice recording so it shows the original file create date not the upload date? These are all my personal voice recordings.

2 Replies 2

Re: how to prevent losing file create date on uploaded m4a voice recordings from iphone

Rich
Super User II

The creation date IS the date it was uploaded. It's the date that the file is created on the Dropbox servers. There's no way to change that when uploading. The best you could do is to rename the file during the upload, so the date is part of the file's name.

Re: how to prevent losing file create date on uploaded m4a voice recordings from iphone

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @VirgCodes,

Yes, Dropbox keep only upload time/date and in regular upload you can't keep the original creation time. Workaround could be packing the target file(s) in form like tar or rar (able keeping such metadata), for example, and upload resulting package/archive. :wink:

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Здравко Super Collaborator | Level 20
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?