cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to replicate my old Dropbox desktop setup

how to replicate my old Dropbox desktop setup

barbara j.3
New member | Level 2
I'm trying to recreate my old Dropbox setup on my new pc. I didn't use the app. I accessed my files via file explorer and then I viewed and edited my files in Notepad. Some but not all of my Dropbox folders (and subfolders) were resident on the old computer. Do I have to set up the app on my new computer and then tell it to open my files in the explorer? Can I use Notepad and not deal with the app? Thanks!
1 Reply 1

Re: how to replicate my old Dropbox desktop setup

Rich
Super User II

You need to install the Dropbox app in order for your files to sync to the computer. Your files will open in whatever application is registered with your OS to open them.

Just install the app and sign into your account, and your files and folders will automatically sync down to the computer. Then you can simply open the Dropbox folder and open the files as you always have.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?