cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: iOS 11 Files App iPad - waiting to download

iOS 11 Files App iPad - waiting to download

Bobmnh
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Using the Files App on iOS 11 - on my 11.2 iPhone 7 Plus everything works perfectly. From the Files App I see thumbnail representation of Dropbox files, I tap the file (e.g. a PDF) and it downloads and opens. On my 9.7 iPad Pro also running 11.2 - same Dropbox account - same files - no thumbnails, and every file tap results in “Waiting to download” and a spinning circle forever. 

Cleared cache, no Dropbox pin, turned off 2FA, deleted and reinstalled both Dropbox and Files App and same result. Contacted Dropbox Support and got boilerplate “use our app instead of Apple’s” mindless response. Apple support says it is a Dropbox issue. I just want it to work like it does on the phone. 

Any suggestions?

31 Replies 31

CC_JF
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey folks! iOS Engineer on the Files.app here. 

We've unfortunately also noticed this on iOS 11.2. We're currently working on a fix, but in the meantime you should be able to get things back to normal by rebooting the device once by the standard method of just holding the power button, swiping to power off and turning the device back on (or, for iPhone X users to hold the volume up button and the right side button until the options show up!)

This should be fixed in a future release. In the meantime, we've noticed a lot of Files-related issues to be fixed in 11.2, so you should have a smoother experience overall after this first initial hiccup. Apologies for the inconvenience!

Kermetajb
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Thanks so much for the reply! That’s such a relief 🙂

ptnorman
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I am experiencing the same issue: attempts to download/view a PDF located in my Dropbox via the Files app fail every time on my iPad Pro 10.5 but work fine on iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 7 Plus and iPad Pro 12.9 (Late 2015).

- iOS 11.2.1 on all four devices

- Dropbox 76.2.2 for iOS on all four devices

Thank-you for the post CC_JF!

MarcusOng
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
It’s not working for me...

Wagemakers
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I still have the problem with waiting for download and cannot really find a solution on the forum. Can someone please help me out?

Or is the update coming any soon?

Architetto D.
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution
Hope you can fix these issues soon.

Any news on a full Dropbox - iOS 11 File integration? I mean: Tags support.

London333
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have the same problem with the latest version of iOS.
The problem has come to update to the latest version of Dropbox.
It is impossible to download the documents through the Files application.
The icon is left spinning all the mouse and puts waiting for download.
This is exasperating. It is a very fat failure.
I hope the dropbox professionals will fix it soon.
Thank you very much. A greeting.

dactarus
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi,

happy 2018!

problem still there (iPad 10.5 on iOS 11.2.1 and last 78.2.2 from today, january 3rd)

any news ? Rebooting device several Time a day is not an acceptable workaround for my worflow...

Thanks,

Kermetajb
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
I too am still having this problem. Initially when I updated to 11.2 everything was working well. However, about a week ago I needed to restore my iPad 10.5 to an iCloud backup. Since then I am back in the same boat. The most recent Dropbox update yesterday also did not fix anything. My workaround for the time being has been to open dropbox, export the file to iCloud Drive, and then use it from there. It is really annoying, but it is a workaround for now.

pleroma
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
i tried。didn’t work
Need more support?