cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS 26.2 update: Folder has too many files to download

iOS 26.2 update: Folder has too many files to download

Steffen B.
Helpful | Level 5

Hi,

Hmmm... finally, finally the option to download folders (and not just individual files)... but my folder with work-related files won't download: "Folder has too many files to download". Sigh

Please advise.

7 Replies 7

Re: iOS 26.2 update: Folder has too many files to download

Dorothy_Jane
Dropboxer
Hi Steffen,

My apologies for any confusion that update has caused. While you can download full folders, the website is still limited to what can be processed in a web request.

If that folder has more than 10,000 files or is over 1GB then you'll see an error trying to download.

If you're seeing this error you'll either need to process the download in smaller batches or use the desktop application to download the content (it does not have the same limits a web session does)

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly! 🙂

Steffen B.
Helpful | Level 5

Dear Jane,

Many thanks for the quick response.

Would it be possible to 'unlink' that restriction from the web-based limitations? There are 177 folders in my work-related folder... so while individual downloads is indeed a potential work-around, it would be rather cumbersome... hope you understand.

Thanks again for looking into this!

Dorothy_Jane
Dropboxer
Hey Steffen,

The thing is that restriction isn't actually set by us, it's a browser limitation. So while we're working to make the site as user friendly as possible we are still limited to what a browser session can handle.

Thats actually why we refer users to the Desktop application, as it doesn't have the same limitations a browser based request does.

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly! 🙂

Steffen B.
Helpful | Level 5

Thanks!

Is it possible that there is a misunderstanding? I was referring to a problem with your iOS app, I have never attempted to download a folder through your web interface, using a browser...

Steffen B.
Helpful | Level 5

Oops. I would like to "accept as solution" ... but the issue remains unresolved and your friendly reply a potential misunderstanding?

dagb
Explorer | Level 4

Why do you assume that this defect is encountered when using the website.  The subject refers to iOS.  The problem is with iPhones and iPads.  As you can see from this thread it is encountered by many users. 

Mark
Super User II
This issue doesnt seem to be encountered by many users (only a handful here out of 100's of millions), however, the version mentioned is very, very out of date.

If you are having the issue please try upgrading to the latest versions and if that does not work start a new thread.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    dagb Explorer | Level 4
    Steffen B. Helpful | Level 5
    Dorothy_Jane Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?