Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

iOS Devices Not Syncing with 1Password7

Explorer | Level 3

Hello, I've had good success with syncing in the past and now having difficulties with the advent of 1Password 7 on deskt tops and laptop.  Two Mac Desktops and Mac Laptop with 1Password all sync. I only have one Primary Vault.  With the 2 desktops and Laptop the Dropbox primary vault lists two files.  1password.agilekeychain & 1password.opvault. And in all three of 1Password 7 applications the 1password.opvault is indicated. (All three units sync no problem- but now not syncing with iOS devices).  

However they do not sync with the iPad Mini 4 or iPhone Xs iOS devices:

Dropbox on iPad Mini 4 shows 1password.agilekeychain only.

Dropbox on iPhone Xs shows same 1password.agilekeychain

These two perifials sync with each other but not with the two desktops or Laptops.  I would like all to sync.  I'm thinking it might be as it says in the dropbox iPad "Manage Devices" is because I have more than three units?  And if so how to fix?  If I purchase Plus or another plan will all devices sync with the two different files within Dropbox Primary Folder? 

And on your website while signed in where do I find "Managed Devices" ? I looked all over the place.  And BTW I love Dropbox (financial files shared between Desktop and Laptop and keeping all the sign in and passwords needed today in one place up to date for me and The House Captn).

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

ps: 1Password prefers or would like their users to use their cloud....I like Dropbox

bgoodz (Bill)

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Re: iOS Devices Not Syncing with 1Password7

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @bgoodz; welcome to our Community!

It sounds like your account has reached its device limit and that could be the cause of the issue you're seeing. 

Apart from upgrading, to add a new device, you can also unlink some of your current devices. Unlinking a device from your Dropbox account means that Dropbox will no longer sync changes to the files and folders in the Dropbox folder on that computer, tablet or mobile. Basically Dropbox is turned off for that device. Rest assured that no files or folders will be deleted from your Dropbox account.

You can see the list of your connected devices and unlink any one of those you don't want or need from this page directly: https://www.dropbox.com/devices

I hope this helps and please let me know how you get on Bill! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hi Walter, 

Thanks for your response. In essense two of my devices are unlinked as Im over the three unit limit. But the question I have is if I upgrade to encompass those two devices will there not be a conflict with the two different files in the Dropbox Primary Vault Folder?

1Password.agilekeychain

1Password.opvault

I would not like to upgrade to the subscription service and still have the same issue of non-syncing on the two iOS devices.  Strange that those two devices still sync but only with each other.  Now I have three main devices all syncing and two devices not syncing with their three brothers but syncing with each other........LOL

Thanks again Walter

Bill

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for the additional info Bill!

I'm not sure how the conflict would be generated, can you elaborate a tad on this for me please?

Thanks! 

Walter

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hi Walter, thanks for the response. I think what I'm saying is IF I increase the number of units I have, from 3 to 5 and pay the subscription service per year will the two different files currently in the Primary Vault for the units work together and not conflict. 

Two Mac Desktops & One Mac Laptop: all 3 syncing with .opvault now

One iPad Mini 4 & One iPhone XS: only syncing with each other .agilekeychain

2 different files in Dropbox Primary Vault on the units:

Primary Vault/1Password.agilekeychain (iPad Mini 4 & iPhone XS)

Primary Vault/1Password.opvault (2 Mac Desktops & 1 Mac Laptop)

So, if number of Dropbox units increased to 5 and I enter something on the Mac Desktop that's using Dropbox Primary Vault 1Password.opvault will it sync with the two perifials using Dropbox Primary Vault 1Password.agilekeychain? Hope this helps, just trying to figure out if all will sync prior to paying a monthly or yearly subscription service. We're retired and on a limited income. Might have to go back to old school methods...pen & paper or print & clipboard ..... ...LOL, Thanks Walter

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

I won't be able to tell with certainty Bill; you may want to check with the developers of the 3rd party app in question as well directly to be sure before moving forward with the task at hand. 

Keep me posted anyhow! 

Walter

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?