cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: iOS Files App Favorites Folder Disappear

iOS Files App Favorites Folder Disappear

FrankieT
Helpful | Level 5

On both my iPad and my iPhone, when I mark a folder from Dropbox or any other cloud service as a “Favorite”, it shows up in my favorite list in the Files app, but if I switch apps or close the files app, when I reopen it, the folder disappears from the favorites list.  

130 Replies 130

Michael E.32
Helpful | Level 6

Same issue here. Been this way for years on at least 6 different devices. As others have reported, I have zero issues on any other platform such as iCloud or Google Drive. It is solely a Dropbox problem and all the gaslighting by the "tech support" in this thread is maddening.

itsmaku
Helpful | Level 6

i have same problem on my ipad/iphone for months, and its really driving me crazy. can you guys please, do something about it? as paying user i find more & more reasons to switch to any of yours competitors

billrey
Helpful | Level 6

After years of inaction on this very severe and basic problem, it's time to fix this. Now.

0umar
Helpful | Level 6

Doesn't seems to be in their high priority list. I'm so disappointed/frustrated with dropbox.

By the way the search box do not work either with files stored in Dropbox. Is that the case for you ?

webminx
Helpful | Level 6

Hoe many years does it take to get an update on this issue. The Dropbox business division keeps hounding me via email and phone.  Encouraging me to upgrade.  Why would I want to update something that is having issues.

Renderer
Helpful | Level 5

What this tells me is that the dropbox management and shareholders are not interested in making a better product, but only hire sales and marketing in order to push for more revenue. 

If they focused only a small amount of effort in fixing issues they'd have a much better product and more organic growth.

Guillaume DXB
Helpful | Level 6

Same problem. It's just quite unpleasant that the files integration hasn't been given full functionality by Dropbox... why is this when one of the reasons DB is the leader is precisely its ability to handle cross platform without flaw. This is their core business so it would be nice if they answered this. 

Guillaume DXB
Helpful | Level 6

Basically I need to unfavorite a folder within the files app. Right now it doesn't work. This is a real bummer as I need this functionality in order to take full advantage of the files app. If we don't get a fix I'll have to shift my work folders around to another service such as google drive. 

Guillaume DXB
Helpful | Level 6

Favorite. Unfavorite. And basically be able to do all that the app can do when using it with its Dropbox folder. Thanks. 

Guillaume DXB
Helpful | Level 6

Guys what other service do you use that does the job better ? I have them all but use mostly Dropbox. Seems iCloud is not cross platform. OneDrive limited in functionality. So is google drive the next best option as clearly everyone has a google account and it would work when sharing with most people ? If this issue isn't resolved for my renewal date I'm off Dropbox. 

Need more support?