cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: iOS Files App Favorites Folder Disappear

iOS Files App Favorites Folder Disappear

FrankieT
Helpful | Level 5

On both my iPad and my iPhone, when I mark a folder from Dropbox or any other cloud service as a “Favorite”, it shows up in my favorite list in the Files app, but if I switch apps or close the files app, when I reopen it, the folder disappears from the favorites list.  

130 Replies 130

chinarut
Helpful | Level 6

wow - I read through 7 pages of comments and it's amazing this issue has been around for years.  It hasn't even been a week with my iPad Pro and discovered this issue- I agree it is quite reproducible and visible enough to new users, it should be fixed from a PR perspective if anything!

It sounds like at one point, OneDrive had the issue and it sounds like from posts here in this thread, the issue has been fixed by Microsoft in a timely manner.   I think we are all frustrated Dropbox has not done the same.

To the powers to be at Dropbox, why not provide an status update or at the very least, help us understand why fixing this bug is not a priority or why it is so challenging to fix in a timely manner?  I think people would be less upset.

Given how happy many of us have been with Dropbox all these years esp with the cross-platform support, we'd love to stay.   You're clearly testing our patience.  I surely hope I don't end of up waiting another few years!

@Guillaume DXB  if you do hear of a cross-platform solution between iOS, Android, macOS, Windows, and Linux, I think many of us are eager to try it.

Josselin
Helpful | Level 5

Given the lack of reactivity of Dropbox on this one... I'm thinking to switch as well. Leaning towards Kdrive, which at least works on Mac, Windows & iOS. Not sure about the others.

vibrans
Helpful | Level 6

I have been having the same issue for years. How is it possible that dropbox has been unable to provide us at least with an explanation? Let alone a solution. Does anyone have a workaround such as folder shortcuts to Dropbox-folders on the homescreen? 

webminx
Helpful | Level 6

Maybe instead on voicing this issue on their business forum. We should create a public page and make the issue more known?

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

Hey everyone, thanks for joining us here!

As Lusil has mentioned previously, our team is already aware of the issue described here and are currently looking into this. We'll be sure to keep you all updated here with any news we have on this.

Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

CaptSpalding
Helpful | Level 6

I tweeted at Dropbox this morning, and got faux concern and no response. 

A8976431-83D7-4836-8B31-8CF22A3C3641.jpeg

0umar
Helpful | Level 6

This situation is just insane. If we want Dropbox to do or at least communicate about this issue, we have to contact youtubers and spread the word.

0umar
Helpful | Level 6

By the way, I guess there are still a lot of people who work at dropbox and who have an iphone or ipad. They don't mind having their own buggy software on their devices. lol

CaptSpalding
Helpful | Level 6

I have already raised the issue to a YouTuber named HotShot Tek, to see if he wants to do an episode on it. He does videos on iPad Pro pretty regularly. 

Michael E.32
Helpful | Level 6
Thanks CaptSpalding. Some sort of public pressure is the only that will work, if at all. We’ve been getting platitudes like the recent one from Daphne for over a year just on this thread.
Need more support?