cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: iOS Files App Favorites Folder Disappear

iOS Files App Favorites Folder Disappear

FrankieT
Helpful | Level 5

On both my iPad and my iPhone, when I mark a folder from Dropbox or any other cloud service as a “Favorite”, it shows up in my favorite list in the Files app, but if I switch apps or close the files app, when I reopen it, the folder disappears from the favorites list.  

130 Replies 130

Guillaume DXB
Helpful | Level 6
Ya it’ll be google drive for me I think. Works perfect with the files app. I still can’t comprehend the lack of interest of Dropbox on this.

Drumboxing
Helpful | Level 5

I work a lot with the files app and this issue is so annoying, only happens with Dropbox. I am a paid Dropbox subscriber but I think I won't renew in a couple months and move to iCloud or google drive, this is too annoying and Dropbox takes no time to actually understand the issue and try to fix it.

itsmaku
Helpful | Level 6

i really hope theres a fix coming?

CaptSpalding
Helpful | Level 6

Not good enough. 

We have been getting the same song and dance for a year and a half. No explanation. No description of efforts made to solve the problem. 

Basically no respect for your customers. 

I'm looking for another provider, and I will leave a review on all iPad listservs that Dropbox is incompatible with Files App, and that no Apple user should consider them for a cloud solution. 

JohnnyR69
New member | Level 2

It's an issue for me as well. Please fix this annoying bug Dropbox!

MWB
Explorer | Level 4

This is still a problem in the iPadOS 14 beta. Favourites and tags don't show in the sidebar. For god's sake Dropbox, DO SOMETHING!!!!!

@JohnnyR69 wrote:

It's an issue for me as well. Please fix this annoying bug Dropbox!

khcole
Helpful | Level 6

Yes, I was hopeful, but alas...no fix.  Once I have time, I'll switch my company to OneDrive.  I already "pay" for that through my Office365 subscription.  So, that move will save me $25 per employee.  It's one thing for them not to fix this for "free" customers.  Entirely enother for business subscribers...

Pieroman
Helpful | Level 6

This is still a problem in iPadOS 14, I can't believe this :slight_frown: 

Even if the responsibility is shared with Apple because this takes place in the Files app (doubtful because other third-party sync services don't have this bug), Dropbox should have reported this bug every single day to Apple during the beta period !

JLY
New member | Level 2

Amazing to read through this thread.  Paid Dropbox user for years and suffered through this problem, but I never imagined that it had been pointed out so often and so clearly to the company.  Fix it!

khcole
Helpful | Level 6

Been putting any transition off, but I just moved a ton of files over the OneDrive to try it out. I understand they don't have this issue.  

Need more support?