cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS Files App Favorites Folder Disappear

iOS Files App Favorites Folder Disappear

FrankieT
Helpful | Level 5

On both my iPad and my iPhone, when I mark a folder from Dropbox or any other cloud service as a “Favorite”, it shows up in my favorite list in the Files app, but if I switch apps or close the files app, when I reopen it, the folder disappears from the favorites list.  

130 Replies 130

Wootenix
Explorer | Level 4

Im having the same issue! 🤔

Pietro Fantoni
Explorer | Level 4

I am experiencing the same issue explained above...

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

Hey everyone, thanks for your ongoing reports, and I'm sorry to hear that you're still having trouble with this. 

In order to ensure troubleshooting and to investigate accordingly, could you submit a ticket to our Support team from this link?

If you have any trouble creating a ticket, don't hesitate to get back to us here and we'd be more than happy to send you one. 

Thanks again!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Jamesore
Helpful | Level 6

I'm Having the same issue as well. In addition the dropbox syncing on ipad seems to require the app to be maximized with the syncing page open for it to complete larger syncing jobs. Reading through this thread shows me that dropbox don't seem to be able to fix their problems and I am already starting to transition to other cloud systems bit by bit. It's incredibly infuriating seeing the same support message copy pasted here too. Ive spent years with dropbox but they seem to be dropping the ball on multiple issues and its looking like time to think about moving to the competition 

khcole
Helpful | Level 6

You really don't need a ticket.  The past 2+ years of this post shoudl be enought for y'all to just fix it on your own.  Wow....still shocked by the lack of attention to this.

Pieroman
Helpful | Level 6

@Lusil I did submit detailed tickets to DB support team which were escalated... and the answer after many emails is that this bug is "expected behavior", which is clearly a mockery since the "add to favorites" menu option is there !

Could you confirm that it's the dropbox stance on this issue ? I'm sure that many of us in this thread would like to know this when the time comes to renew our subscriptions.

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

Would you mind sharing your ticket number (eg. #1234567) with us @Pieroman, so that we can have a look at this from our side?

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Guillaume DXB
Helpful | Level 6
Why the need for a ticket. Support staff should create it for us at this stage after this epic fail in service to paying clients.

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

They mentioned that they already have a ticket open with our team, so there is no need to open a new ticket at this point @Guillaume DXB.

I'm simply asking for the ticket reference number so I can look into this.

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Pieroman
Helpful | Level 6

Hi @Daphne , sure my original support ticket is  #11368076, I had provided a detailed ticket and a corresponding screencast a few weeks back (I think it's now reopened under ticket #11480825). Thanks for looking into it !

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

cjcornell Helpful | Level 5
    vibrans Helpful | Level 6
    MWB Explorer | Level 4
    Wissamkahi New member | Level 2
    CaptSpalding Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?