cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS Files App Favorites Folder Disappear

iOS Files App Favorites Folder Disappear

FrankieT
Helpful | Level 5

On both my iPad and my iPhone, when I mark a folder from Dropbox or any other cloud service as a “Favorite”, it shows up in my favorite list in the Files app, but if I switch apps or close the files app, when I reopen it, the folder disappears from the favorites list.  

130 Replies 130

vibrans
Helpful | Level 6

Is this just my iPad or has Dropbox now completely disappeared from the files app???

Pabloh
Helpful | Level 5

Same problem for a lot of people since years. I also have an pro subscription for multiple years running now. And this is a critical show stopper for me. Following a data structure in multible sub folders each time you open die iOS Files app is a real pain...

Thanks for the Tipp with OneDrive. I will give it a try. But this is a horrible story for Dropbox and completely different from the help I normally experienced with Dropbox... Too bad!

Tjeerd Paul J.
Helpful | Level 6

Meantime it's almost 2021. iOS 14 is here. And Dropbox is still not listening to simple bugs reported by users for more than a year.

Adding a folder from Google drive or pCloud to the iOS favorites sidebar. 

Close files app

Open files app

Folder is still there.

Adding a folder from Dropbox to the sidebar.  

Folder is gone next time you open the Files app.k

I am cancelling. This s seriously unbelievable. Creating all those useless new 'cloud' features like paper that no one will use while neglecting your core services ( SAVE STUFF IN THE CLOUD) in many ways.

Good bye

Pabloh
Helpful | Level 5

@Tjeerd Paul J. wrote:

I am cancelling. This s seriously unbelievable. Creating all those useless new 'cloud' features like paper that no one will use while neglecting your core services ( SAVE STUFF IN THE CLOUD) in many ways.

Same point for me. No need for any Cloud feature. That isnt the big advantage of Dropbox. Dropbox where always the best FILE SYNC and SHARE service for me. No collab tool for writing, editing, planning etc. Most of the customers pay for File Sharing here. Not even for a new password manager or something else of the fancy new tools. All we want is file sharing in a modern way like in the past... And iOS is now part of that future.

Good bye I'm also leaving here now...

itsmaku
Helpful | Level 6

still no updates?

itsmaku
Helpful | Level 6

@DropboxAsh @dropboxwes @JohnDropbox @Dropbox Ted @kyledropbox 

are you just ignoring paying users???

CaptSpalding
Helpful | Level 6

The answer is yes. Yes, they are ignoring us. 

Wissamkahi
New member | Level 2

Please any ideas on those to fix this? This is making the files app unusable 

MWB
Explorer | Level 4

I’ve found a solution to this incredibly annoying issue! There’s a great iOS app called Documents by Readdle. It’s a file manager that replicates a lot of the functionality of Files, but has a lot of nice features (such as built in PDF editing, which is why I use it).

Documents has a tab at the bottom of the file manager called Favorites. It doesn’t sync with files and folders you’ve already starred on Dropbox, but you can favorite anything you like, and it stays favorited in Documents. That way, if you use Documents as a replacement for Files, you always have quick access to your Dropbox favorites. 

I have no faith that Dropbox will ever fix this, so this is the next best thing. I hope this is helpful to someone, because it’s been a great solution for me!

vibrans
Helpful | Level 6
Yes, there are multiple Apps like that. E. g. FileBrowser. They are often just not capable of opening office file directly in the desired app. That works best with Files. I don‘t understand why Dropbox still hasn’t completely fixed the issue. At the moment at least some of my favorites appear.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

cjcornell Helpful | Level 5
    vibrans Helpful | Level 6
    MWB Explorer | Level 4
    Wissamkahi New member | Level 2
    CaptSpalding Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?