cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't need badges, I need support!

Highlighted

iOS - (MS) Office App integration

Explorer | Level 3

MS has launched an app called "Office" for iPhones several months ago. This app combines the Word, Excel, and PP apps into one interface, streamlining editing processes and saving storage space on the phone. However, when I want to open an office document (.xls, .docx, etc) from dropbox, it asks me to install the individual Word, Excel, PP apps. I cannot open the documents in the "Office" app. When will this functionality be supported?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: iOS - (MS) Office App integration

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @sushikai, thanks for the info, currently the Dropbox mobile app only supports opening the files in the individual programs and not the combined Office app.

If you wish, you can suggest this change for others to vote on, so the dev team can look into this in future!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
Highlighted

I don't need badges, I need support!

Explorer | Level 3

Is there really no way to contact support directly? And once I start posting on the forum it starts raining badges? Is this a kindergarten?

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi there @sushikai, thanks for dropping by. 

In general, your support options are based on the account that you have.

You can find your options by signing in to your account and going to this link

Also, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding the Community badges. 

As for your main concern, could you let me know if you get the same behavior if you try to open the files after downloading them to your local storage?

Keep me posted!

Lusil

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hi @Lusil,

Thanks for your reply.  Certainly I can download the files to my local storage and use any app. From the local files folder it automatically associates the Office app, or I can choose any other app. I can also, with a few cumbersome clicks, get to "Copy to Office" directly from within dropbox. However, each of these workarounds defeats the purpose of using sychronized online storage...

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me, @sushikai

Could you make sure that the Dropbox mobile application and the Office app are both up to date and you don't have any pending updates?

Lusil

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Is your app sure to work with iOS 14? Does Office? Otherwise, it is all updated

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @sushikai, thanks for the info, currently the Dropbox mobile app only supports opening the files in the individual programs and not the combined Office app.

If you wish, you can suggest this change for others to vote on, so the dev team can look into this in future!

Jay

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Thanks, @Jay . That was the answer I was looking for. Unfortunately that also means that I won't be using dropbox for my intended purpose on iOS anymore. 

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?