cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS Portrait mode Duplicate Camera Uploads

iOS Portrait mode Duplicate Camera Uploads

Ugin
Helpful | Level 5
I just got a tons of duplicates running Camera Upload on my iPhone X iOS 12.2.
For every Portrait mode picture I get 2 in DB. One “original” and one processed with bokeh. I would rather have just the processed one with a blurred background as I chose Portrait mode on purpose and want to keep that very photo. Or at least get an option to choose in the settings menu whether I want to upload original files as well. Now I have like 1600 duplicates that I need to process.

Please assist.
10 Replies 10

Re: iOS Portrait mode Duplicate Camera Uploads

Rich
Super User II

There are no settings to control this if you're using the automatic Camera Uploads feature. It simply uploads all new photos in your Camera Roll. If you want more control over which photos are uploaded, you'll need to disable Camera Uploads and upload your preferred photos manually.

Ugin
Helpful | Level 5

But it never happened in the past. So i assume there was something changed that Dropbox started uploading both versions of file instead of just one.

Maybe it's possible to request this fearute in future releases? 

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hey there @Ugin,

Indeed, uploading both the original and the portrait mode of photos was made available recently on iOS. I’ll make sure to pass along your feedback about this feature to our dev team for review. We always appreciate the feedback given on Dropbox features!

Hope you have a great day ahead - Cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Chris R.29
New member | Level 2
Is there any update here? I'd like the option to only upload the portrait photos as well (not the original). I now have tons of duplicates.

Ugin
Helpful | Level 5

Hello. Still no updates. 

It's been more than 6 month.

I would like to have a flexibility and be able to choose whether I can:

1. Upload both files (e.g. Original and Updated (Portrait, cropped, etc.))
  2. Upload only one copy (either original or edited)

This is fairly simple to implement with a couple of checkboxes in settings.

For now I have thousands of duplicated which i need to manually look through to pick the copy that I want. 

Please assist. 

Eugene

Ugin
Helpful | Level 5

Still the same

Daphne
Dropboxer

Thanks for your feedback on this everyone!

I don't have any further info or updates to share with you on this at the moment.

We do currently have an active feature request thread here, where I can suggest to show your support by upvoting the idea. This will allow us to track all the feedback on this more effectively.

If there's anything else I can help with in the meantime, please don't hesitate to give me a nudge here.

Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Ugin
Helpful | Level 5

Thank you! Upvoted

theannest
New member | Level 2

This same issue has been bothering me for months. My uploads are now out of control due to the duplicates. I don't want to disable Camera Uploads because the whole point of it is that it is quick and easy. Any updates? And how do I upvote? Thanks!

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?