cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS and iPadOS Devices not listed under 'Devices'

iOS and iPadOS Devices not listed under 'Devices'

Juunas
Experienced Collaborator | Level 12

Hi!

I have Dropbox 172.3.2 installed on iPadOS 13.3 (iPad Pro 11") and iOS 13.3 (iPhone 11 Pro). I subscribe to Dropbox Professional.

I noticed today that neither of these devices are no longer listed under Dropbox website (https://www.dropbox.com/account/security, under Devices). They are also no longer listed under mobile Dropbox app (Account tab, under Manage devices). The only device I see listed is my Mac. This effectively means that should I lose any of my portable devices, I would not be able to unlink them and remotely sign out.

I have tried signing out and back in (both directly with my Dropbox user name and using Sign in with Apple), uninstalling the app, restarting my devices and reinstalling the app. These haven't solved the problem.

Anyone else see the same behavious (for troubleshooting purposes, I only first encountered this problem after I had to reinstall the apps and signed back in using Sign in with Apple)? I haven't opened a ticket yet.

Joonas

3 Replies 3

Re: iOS and iPadOS Devices not listed under 'Devices'

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi @Juunas - happy Monday!

Sorry to have to put you through this, but could you try clearing your browser's cache and another browser (or an incognito window with no extensions or plugins running) and let me know if you're getting the same results?

In case you do, I'll be happy to open up a ticket for you so we can look further into the matter.

Thanks so much Joonas! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Juunas
Experienced Collaborator | Level 12

Hi @Walter,

I tried using different browsers, cache cleared and also running in incognito mode with no extensions. No difference in behaviour - iOS and iPadOS devices are not listed using Dropbox website nor inside the said mobile apps.

Thanks in advance for opening a ticket for me!

Joonas

Walter
Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me so swiftly @Juunas!

As promised, I've just followed up internally via email :envelope:

Whenever you get the chance, please take a look at your inbox and we'll take it from there.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?