cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: iOS app opens to blank screen

iOS app opens to blank screen

KylieC
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Every time I open the Dropbox app it just goes to a blank screen so I can’t access any of my files. The only way I can fix it is to restart my phone which takes a lot of time as it seems to only work once or twice in between each restart. I’m using an iPhone 7 with all updates applied and have updated the app on every release.

30 Replies 30

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @mario f.2, it's Jane this time; sorry to hear about any frustration caused. 

If it’s not too much to ask, could you try the following steps once to see if these do the trick this time?

1.  Uninstall the Dropbox App
  2.  Sign out from iTunes
  3.  Restart your device
  4.  Sign into the iTunes
  5.  Download and Install Dropbox
  6.  Try to sign into your Dropbox account
Please give me a nudge with the results when you get a chance to get going with that. Thanks! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Andrew F.14
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thanks this has worked.  I did try this once before and it reverted back to the blank screen, but this time, so far, it's working!  Thank you very much!

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for sharing the news @Andrew F.14; pleased to hear my tips were helpful! 🤓

Happy Dropboxing; wishing you a fruitful New Year ahead! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

mario f.2
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi Jane, sorry for the late reply. For me restarting the iPad was sufficient. I now wonder whether it's a problem with iOS since I noticed other apps were slow (hence I re-started it). But I will let you know if the problem occurs again. 

M_Cazza
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi

I am also an iphone 7 user with a big Dropbox white screen problem. I have re-installed App three times and it works once then goes to blank white on opening.

I have rebooted phone several times too, but nothing works as a fix,  so this is a serious frustration with what was a geat and well-used product.

Thanks mike

Sydney Australia

M_Cazza
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi

Should have added that I saw the fix noted above with iTunes but since there is no iTunes on the iOS any more i cannot understand how to implement this fix. Since i was never signed in to iTunes how can I sign out, which was shown as step 2?

Thanks mike

Fiona
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @M_Cazza! Sorry to hear this fix does not apply for you. 

Please create a ticket with our support and we will look into device related details to help you more with this. 

Thank you! 

Fiona
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

jennieb
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Same issue here.  Happened a month or so ago (last time I deleted the app and reinstalled) ...and now AGAIN.  Both times I've only realised when out on business and needing to share critical documents. REALLY frustrating.

Am fast losing faith in what is already expensive storage with Dropbox - a NAS alternative has never looked more appealing.

Also, why is the solution not posted here so we don't have to wait for a ticket and response??  Arghhh.

iphone: 6S+

iOS: 13.3

mario f.2
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

it keeps happening to me too. I solve it by rebooting the iPad pro. But not an ideal solution. 

rob_trusscorp
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have exactly the same issue. Only works once after a fresh reboot.  Then stops working and just a blank screen or the app crashes.

I'm assuming an os update caused an incompatablity.

I have completed the iTunes fix a few times now and even restored a backup to a previous version when it was working.  Once I get the os up-to-date again the issue is still there.

Need more support?