cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: iOS app opens to blank screen

iOS app opens to blank screen

KylieC
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Every time I open the Dropbox app it just goes to a blank screen so I can’t access any of my files. The only way I can fix it is to restart my phone which takes a lot of time as it seems to only work once or twice in between each restart. I’m using an iPhone 7 with all updates applied and have updated the app on every release.

30 Replies 30

tim_grove
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
I now have to delete this app, reinstall it and sign in every time I need to use it. Seriously this is driving me crazy, please fix it.

This issue is not solved and this thread should not be marked as so.

jennieb
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

The Dropbox app did its own in-app update a few days ago and (although early days) I've not had the frezzing problem since... #hereshoping

Fiona
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi everyone! 

Thanks for letting us know @jennieb. Happy to know you are no longer facing this issue.

@tim_grove have you updated your Dropbox mobile app? Have you tried reinstalling? 

Let me know if the updates solves the issue for you as well please. 

Thank you! 

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

tim_grove
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Did you read my comment? I have to reinstall it every time I use it now to get rid of the white screen. Literally the application will load correctly once before requiring a complete reinstall to use. I'm about to do it again now, 4th time this week.

Fiona
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for confirming you took this step and it did not solve the issue. 

No need to take the same step again. I just emailed you to help more with this. 

Please get back to me there. I used the address associated with your Community profile. 

Thank you! 

Fiona
dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Not applicable
Go to solution

I am having the same issue, firstly on my iPhone X, and since upgrade to the iPhone 11 Pro Max, it still occurs, I have the latest version of the Dropbox app and the latest iOS. The only way to fix is either to reinstall dropbox app or restart the iphone, both of which are terribly inconvenient. As we use Dropbox for our business we need this issue to be resolved.

Nellz
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm having the same issue as everyone else. And yes the uninstalling / resintalling works .... for a short time.

I'm travelling overseas in 2 weeks - will be away for 3 weeks and I will be relying on Dropbox access for my travel info.  Furthermore I've just received a reminder that my Dropbox Plus annual subscription is about to be charged ... noting that its a 21% increase on last year.  Yet most of the time when I need to access files on my iphone I can't.  

What is happening re working out a permanent fix?  (BTW I have an iphone 6s, operating system 13.3.1  

Thanks, Nellie

jennieb
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hey Fiona,

PROBLEM IS BACK AGAIN!!!! 😭😭😭😭

Arghhhh.... agree with @Nellz - increasing your charges for a service that doesn't work more often than it does, is unjust and requires far greater attention than Dropbox appears to be giving it (going by the volume & duration of complaints).

Has the root cause of this ongoing problem been identified?  Would be basic customer service to communicate this with us and update as the solution is progressed.

The far more cost effective (though trickier initial setup) NAS solution is very rapidly increasing in its appeal...

Jennie

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Nellz and @jennieb, thanks for nudging us again on this thread and sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this. 

Since you've already tried reinstalling the mobile app - great work by the way! - could you also try clearing your Dropbox mobile app's cache?

Let me know of any updates!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

jennieb
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

TBH I'm completely over all these quick fix attempts. 

We have paid for a service that doesn't deliver time and time again. 

The frequency of this issue recurring suggests Dropbox is putting the problem on the customer instead of fixing it themselves. 

UNACCEPTABLE. 

The only reason I haven't cancelled my subscription is because I have so many files with you and don't have the time to transfer them.  If there was an easy click and transfer button, I'd do it immediately.  Shocking service. Over it.

Need more support?