Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS offline file limit size

martinatime New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I am attempting to get a 1.4GB file to be "made offline" on my phone. My iPhone has about 2.5GB of available space and thereforeI figured it would work. After digging through the app I found the settings page where the "Offline Files" section says that I have 801MB available. Is there a way to increase the amount that dropbox will allow me to save offline?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: iOS offline file limit size

Super User II
Super User II

@martinatime wrote:

After digging through the app I found the settings page where the "Offline Files" section says that I have 801MB available. Is there a way to increase the amount that dropbox will allow me to save offline?

Increase available storage space on your phone.

I'm assuming that Dropbox leaves a percentage of space available so that it doesn't cripple the device, or perhaps it's iOS that does that. I have 75GB available on mine, but Dropbox only has access to 62GB.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Super User II
Super User II

@martinatime wrote:

After digging through the app I found the settings page where the "Offline Files" section says that I have 801MB available. Is there a way to increase the amount that dropbox will allow me to save offline?

Increase available storage space on your phone.

I'm assuming that Dropbox leaves a percentage of space available so that it doesn't cripple the device, or perhaps it's iOS that does that. I have 75GB available on mine, but Dropbox only has access to 62GB.

View solution in original post

darkad New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

i dont think drop box has a limit...it might be more to do with your phone, you may have 2.5G of available space but some may be reserved by your phones operating system to avoid running slow. are you able to clear up space (delete pics or video) and see if more than 801MB space is availble

martinatime New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I ended up getting the file onto my phone through other means but now that I can mess around I have approximately 4GB of free space on my phone and the DropBox app settings state that I have 1.9GB available. So I think you hit the answer and I'll just be wary of that in the future. Thanks.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?