cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad app won't let me log in - please help!

iPad app won't let me log in - please help!

Sarah W.31
New member | Level 1

The dropbox app won't let me login on the iPad app, it keeps giving me the message "login failed" even though the credentials are 100% accurate.

Also, for every four or five tries I do, it takes me to a page with a captcha and asks me to verify. The captchas are mostly illegible, but when I finally do find one I can read I type it in and click verify only to have the app kick me out to the sign in screen and give me that same "login failed" message. 

Note: my iPad iOS and dropbox app are both completely up to date.

32 Replies 32

W. Sun1
New member | Level 1

I also got the same issue. Poor....

Mark
Super User II

I have seen before that if you have non-standard ASCII characters, or a very complicated password it can cause issues. 

It maybe worth, just until the devices are linked (as you only need do it once) changing your password at www.dropbox.com/account to something easier and then once linked change it back. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Max P.4
New member | Level 1

Hi I'm having this issue as well on both iPad and iPhone. My password isn't complicated at all! Help!!! 

Mark
Super User II

Help!!! 

Did you try what I already suggested and reset the password to relink?

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Max P.4
New member | Level 1

Yes I tried that and it didn't work. Any other ideas? 

Jomarc O.
New member | Level 1

What an inconvenience, i also have the same issue...
i tried resetting my password thrice. and it still keeps on telling me "login failed"
i tried redownloading the app on my phone. the issue still persists. >:|

ANY OTHER IDEAAAAS?

-____-

Katie W.3
New member | Level 1

Same problem.  No joy on any mobile devices but I can sign in on the desktop NO PROBLEM.  I have changed my password three times, each time making it simpler and nothing works.  

Unfortunately, not being able to access drop box on my devices literally cripples the software that I just paid for to work on and sync across desktop and devices.  This stinks.

Mark
Super User II

Which version of Dropbox / mobile OS are you using? 

I'm wondering if its a compatibility issue.

Rp987
New member | Level 2

ive got the same problem. 

Annoying af. Travelling - only have my iPad. Need to update an invoice. Can't.

Changed password twice. Can login via safari, app tells me incorrect password. 

So stupid. So so stupid. Dunno what's up, but this needs to be fixed. And I keep getting spammed to buy more space... seems like an elemantary problem - yet here we are.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

rt_asl New member | Level 2
    Daphne Dropbox Staff
    Typaden New member | Level 2
    tango1 Explorer | Level 4
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?