cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad2 suddenly incompatible and unable to finish months of work!!

iPad2 suddenly incompatible and unable to finish months of work!!

jongas
New member | Level 2

I am a musician and have 2 months work waiting to be mastered which I cannot as I am told my ipad is suddenly no longer compatible. I record with other people and use dropbox to link Garageband, Audio Share and Auria. I was advised to re-install dropbox and now have no means of finishing my album.

4 Replies 4

Re: iPad2 suddenly incompatible and unable to finish months of work!!

Rich
Super User II

@jongas wrote:

... I am told my ipad is suddenly no longer compatible.

Dropbox requires iOS 12.1 at a minimum. The iPad 2 can only run up to iOS 9.3.5, which hasn't been supported by Apple for years. Dropbox hasn't been compatible on an iPad 2 for quite a long time. While the app may have continued working for a while, there have likely been changes in how Dropbox works that now prevents the app from working on such an old version of the operating system.

jongas
New member | Level 2

So we have to throw away our perfectly good ipads?

pvdk2
New member | Level 2

When is the Dropbox app designed to be downwards compatible (with e.g. iOS 9.3) or allow the download of older versions? I hope the Dropbox company supports the environment and does everything to prevent electronics from being dumped because of bad software practices. 

prt56Ysdf93kol
New member | Level 2

Mir ergeht genauso!! Noch vor 4 Wochen hat alles einwandfrei funktioniert und hab mir deswegen die Anytunes pro gekauft und kann jetzt keine Songs in die App laden!! So ein Mist!!

Gibt es jetzt eine Lösung dafür??

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

prt56Ysdf93kol New member | Level 2
    pvdk2 New member | Level 2
    jongas New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?