cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: iPhone 8 4k 60fps video not uploading

iPhone 8 4k 60fps video not uploading

blackfox986
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I recently upgraded to an iPhone 8 and enabled the 4k 60fps video option, which by default saves all video files using the HEVC file format. I am aware there are some compatability issues with this format on some platforms, but I only have Apple hardware in my device chain so everything should be fine. Dropbox says it can sync these file types but i only ever receive an unable to upload photo error. No Dropbox app updates are available from the app store and im on the lastest iOS.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Right, since you’re still getting an error message for video uploads, we’d recommend that you email us at https://www.dropbox.com/support/email/dropbox_app/submit so we can check this out here.

Let me know when you’ve done so!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey there, since 4K videos are generally massive in size, are you using WiFi for them to upload to the Dropbox servers via the iPhone?

Also, are you using the automatic camera uploads or manually uploading the videos into the Dropbox app?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

blackfox986
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
I have tested with very short videos and longer ones. The issue does not seem to be related to file size.

I am trying to upload via Camera Upload, but it gives an error like the file is corrupted. I am able to manually upload the videos, which is my current workaround.

All of the above tested on WiFi only.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Interesting… Do the automatic video uploads work fine when they’re not in 4K mode?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

blackfox986
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
OK, I’ve just done a load more tests and from why I can tell it doesn’t matter what resolution or frame rate I choose, video uploads just aren’t working for me.

I did also try removing and reinstalling the Dropbox app, still no joy. I might try deleting everything from my camera roll and see if I still get the corruption error, then work up one by one from there to see if I can narrow it down some more.

Any other ideas?

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
This is what I was thinking, that there might be a more basic issue at hand. If all video uploads aren’t working, then we need to start from there.

Try first removing the videos from the Camera Roll. You can always manually upload them to Dropbox using the app, or simply use the desktop camera upload for the same behavior.

https://www.dropbox.com/help/photos-videos/camera-uploads-overview

I’m assuming that photo uploads are working fine, however if even photos aren’t working, and all videos were removed, there could be a corrupted image causing the problem.

If photos are fine, try with a basic short video to see if it uploads. Keep me posted!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

blackfox986
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Ok I just removed everything from my camera roll. Open Dropbox and it says all done for now. Clean slate.

I open the camera and take a photo, check Dropbox and the photo uploads fine, goes back to all done for now.
I repeat with a video at 720p 30fps and most compatible file settings so no HEVC and the app reports the error.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Right, since you’re still getting an error message for video uploads, we’d recommend that you email us at https://www.dropbox.com/support/email/dropbox_app/submit so we can check this out here.

Let me know when you’ve done so!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

blackfox986
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Request raised

Juunas
Experienced | Level 12
Go to solution

Same problem on iPhone X (and what seems to be a number of other models too), my open ticket #6735486.

Need more support?