cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone app not opening any file type

iPhone app not opening any file type

andystuart_
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
The Dropbox app on my iPhone X iOS 12.1.2 wont open any file type. All files sync fine from desktop and show up on the mobile app with a thumbnail image preview, but when tapped to open the loading graphic just keeps spinning. Could have coincided with iOS update.
34 Replies 34

Es3
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Not working for me. I had my background app refresh on all the time but I can't get files to open. iPadOS 13.1.2

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Sorry to hear that @Es3.

Are you getting any specific errors? Can you send us a screenshot so we can have a visual of the matter at hand?

Could you also walk me through the steps you take that result in this?

Thanks in advance and welcome to the Dropbox Community!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Es3
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

It's the same issue what others described before. It loats preview in Files app but when you press to open then loading circle keeps spinning and not opening.

Also I've tried using dropbox app to work with with some pdf files and every now and then when I try to open PDF file with Adobe Acrobat Reader every now and then it shows "Could not connect to dropbox".

It's an intermittend error and comes and goes, but guys this is BS, it need to be sorted out as these problems been around for months.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the quick response @Es3 - it's most appreciated. 

At first, let me clarify that the Files app is an application owned and maintained by Apple; if you're having issues with how your files are previewed within its ecosystem, you should report this to Apple directly.

If you'd like to look into this with our support team though, feel free to submit your ticket through the following page: https://www.dropbox.com/support 

Let me know if there's anything I can assist with!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Es3
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Of course - Files app is owned by apple, Adobe reader is owned by Adobe and Windows 10 is owned by Microsoft (couple days ago after installing dropbox on my desktop it stopped syncing files so had to re-install dropbox) and somehow they all apparently have issues with dropbox.

Screenshots attached, please get this sorted.IMG_0217.PNGIMG_0218.PNG

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Es3 New member | Level 2
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?