cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: iPhone app will not accept my login credentials - problem is gone!

iPhone app will not accept my login credentials

lgrabowski
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I am logged in to dropbox on both of my computers; I downloaded the Dropbox app from the App Store, and it will not accept those same credentials on my iPhone.  Says logon andor password are incorrect.

Everything I read says all information should be sharable across devices.  What am I doing wrong?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lgrabowski
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

My problem is solved.  I am not sure what worked, but I removed 2-step verification from my Dropbox logon, cleared all history and cookeis from the iPhone, downloaded the Dropbox app one more time and was able to able to log in smoothy and access all my files.  

All three of my devices now appear in my device list.

Life is good.  Thanks to those who attempted to help me!

[This thread is now closed. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here]

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
Just as a test, are you able to log in to the Dropbox website using the same credentials you're using on your phone? To be certain, use a private browser session/incognito tab so Dropbox doesn't log you in automatically without actually entering your credentials.

lgrabowski
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I cannot log in to Dropbox on my iPhone using either the app or the Dropbox.com website.  I am logged in on both the desktop and laptop computers just fine.  Just get the standard 'invalid email or password' message.

Thanks.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@lgrabowski wrote:

I cannot log in to Dropbox on my iPhone using either the app or the Dropbox.com website.  I am logged in on both the desktop and laptop computers just fine.  Just get the standard 'invalid email or password' message.

I actually meant using a web browser on your computer, and this is meant as a test to make sure you're using the correct log in information. If you're getting "Invalid email or password" then it's very likely that you're using an incorrect email address or password. If you get the same message while logging in on the Dropbox website, then you are most definitely using the wrong information.

Have you tried to reset your password?

lgrabowski
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thank you for trying to help me.  I really appreciate it; this is all something my husband did so easiy and so well.  I am struggling....(sigh).

What I should have said is:

I cannot log in to Dropbox on my iPhone using either the app or the Dropbox.com website using Safari.  I am logged in to Dropbox just fine on both the desktop and laptop computers.  But when I try to log in to Dropbox on the phone, using those same credentials I get the standard 'invalid email or password' message'.  (Seeing as how the logon and password work on the macbook and iMac - do you still think I should change the logon and password?)

When I look at my account information at Dropbox.com, it shows both computers as linked, but the iPhone does not appear on the list.  

And here's a little more background that may have something to do with things....

Some months ago I downloaded Dropbox app to the phone and thought everything was fine, but really did not use it.  I had a different logon and password.  Sometime later, I realized that I was not able to see or access any of the same files from the phone that were on the computers, and so I suspect I must have created an entirely different account.  In any event, today I deleted the app from the phone, powered down the phone, waited, powered the phone back up, downloaded the Dropbox app from the App Store again.  And this is when I am unable to log in using the same logon and password that works on the computers.  I am trying all this with the computers on and logged in to Dropbox.

I know I am missing a step in here somewhere.

I really appreciate anything you can do to help me. 

lgrabowski
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

My problem is solved.  I am not sure what worked, but I removed 2-step verification from my Dropbox logon, cleared all history and cookeis from the iPhone, downloaded the Dropbox app one more time and was able to able to log in smoothy and access all my files.  

All three of my devices now appear in my device list.

Life is good.  Thanks to those who attempted to help me!

[This thread is now closed. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here]
Need more support?