cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iTunes music in a folder in Dropbox not downloading into iTunes on iPhone 11

iTunes music in a folder in Dropbox not downloading into iTunes on iPhone 11

DbxNovice-101
New member | Level 2

I mistakenly moved my iTunes folder into Dropbox on my MacBook Air 2011. 

Is there a way to get my iTunes files out of Dropbox and back onto my Macbook so I can sync to my new phone without engaging Dropbox?

I'm running an older OS Sierra, but will be purchasing a new computer very soon but want ot get all my music files where belong so I don't lose them.

I've just purchased a new iPhone 11 running iOS 13.3.1. A large percentage of my music didn't come into iTunes from my Cloud storage and I suspect it's Dropbox interfering.

Thanks and I hope someone has had a similar experience with files not downloading into iTunes and can help.

1 Reply 1

Re: iTunes music in a folder in Dropbox not downloading into iTunes on iPhone 11

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hi there @DbxNovice-101, thanks for reaching out to us here!

If you'd like, you can just move the folder back into its original location as you would move any other folder on your desktop. This will also remove if from Dropbox in the process.

Otherwise, if you'd like to keep the iTunes folder in your Dropbox account but also have iTunes reading to that folder, I can suggest checking out this article here.

Also, just to note I located your open ticket in our Support channel and I've followed up there too. Please feel free to get back to me in either location.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?