Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

imac and Samsug ( android ) compatability

Explorer | Level 4

Trying to use a music sheet reader ( have tried 3 programmes ) and have downloaded the music as pdf and doc files on the mac. The tablet will not download these files. Have even stored the files in a seperate folder. Dropbox on both macines have been updated. Q  Are they compatible ? Tearing my hair out. Mike

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: imac and Samsug ( android ) compatability

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @mikydoes, welcome to our community! 

Our web interface, and our mobile app, can preview .pdf and .doc documents just fine.

On your computer, if you’ve downloaded these files, or are opening them from your local Dropbox folder, you would need a pdf reader, or an application that can open .doc files, in order to view them. 

So, can you please clarify the situation for me?
  • Is the issue you’re experiencing, only on your tablet? 
  • How are you trying to open these .pdf and .doc files? Is it through another application? 
  • When you say that you’ve downloaded the files, have you saved them to a location outside your Dropbox folder, or saved them to your device directly? 

Any other details and screenshots you can provide would be great! 

Thanks

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?