cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how Community ideas impact Dropbox development? Check it out here

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: incomplete synch

incomplete synch

Scott007
Explorer | Level 4

I have used Dropbox for some time to synch between two Macs - an older Mini (El Capitan 10.11.6) and a MacBook Air (Mojave 10.14.6), happily and successfully until recently. I updated and renamed an XLSX file on the Mini yesterday; the original version, with the original date, remains on the MacBook but the new file did not make it.  The Mini shows a green synch icon, and the Mini Activity shows that and another file successfully synched. A different file successfully synched today and shows on both. MacBook shows only a few activities in last five days, and I hate to imagine what other files did not synch over, in either direction.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Megan
Dropboxer
Hi @Scott007, happy Wednesday! 

The first thing we want to check is the syncing status and the Dropbox version that's installed on both Mac devices. Can you give it a go? 

Also, are you able to see the updated file when you visit our website? 

If I were you, I'd also have a look at this Help Center article.

Let me know what you find.

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Megan
Dropboxer
Hi @Scott007, happy Wednesday! 

The first thing we want to check is the syncing status and the Dropbox version that's installed on both Mac devices. Can you give it a go? 

Also, are you able to see the updated file when you visit our website? 

If I were you, I'd also have a look at this Help Center article.

Let me know what you find.

Megan
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Scott007
Explorer | Level 4

Oops.  Thanks, Megan, but I've obviously made a rookie, paranoid jump.

When checking the version on the MacBook (135.4.4221) I decided to ignore my fear of 'really screwing something up' and belatedly re-booted the MacBook, as suggested in several of the possible fixes. That not only (apparently) didn't screw everything up, butg tghe mystery file suddenly appeared and it shows as gtransferred.  Still think it's a bitstrange and mysterious - some file OK and others not - but I'll tgake a win.

Megan
Dropboxer
Awesome news, @Scott007

No worries. If you need anything I'll be one post away!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?