cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

install dropbox via proxy

install dropbox via proxy

vmike1988
New member | Level 2

Why dropbox do not install via proxy-server in Windows 7? Proxy-server address and port  already setup in operating system Windows 7 but dropbox installation program do not use this address and port.  

5 Replies 5

Re: install dropbox via proxy

Jane
Dropboxer
Hey there (@vmike1988), you can also set Proxy settings for Dropbox only by manually entering proxy settings in the Dropbox preferences.

Would you mind having a look at this option as well whenever you have some spare time & let me know how you get on with these steps here? Many thanks in advance! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

samaresh
New member | Level 2

Hi,

I downloaded the offline version. But it is not installing - showing 'waiting for download' forever.

Please help.

FYI, I installed Dropbox earlier in the same computer and same OS.

Thanks.

Samaresh

Jane
Dropboxer
Hey @samaresh, thanks for the nudge! 

If it’s not too much trouble, could you verify that you’ve downloaded the latest client build (Stable Build 83.4.152) as expected? 

As you’ve posted us on a thread where the OP was enquiring about how they could go about completing the installation behind a proxy, I’m wondering if you’ve adjusted your proxy settings through Preferences following my advice in the previous message. 

If so, then can you also disable your Firewall/Antivirus temporarily & see if this lets you run the installer successfully? 

Please let me know of your findings &/or results & we’ll go from there. Thanks again! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

samaresh
New member | Level 2

Hi Jane,

Thanks for the suggestions. But I am still facing the same issue "waiting to download Dropbox" forever even with the offline installer.

As mentioned earlier, I was using Dropbox on the same computer with the same OS. I do not know whether it has to do something with my OS.

Regards,

Samaresh

Jane
Dropboxer
Thanks for keeping me in the loop on this matter @samaresh

As you’re still facing this issue, can you let me know if you can access your account online as expected when you're connecting through the proxy connection? 

Thanks again!

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?