cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

installing Dropbox on multi computers

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hello, community,

My question is simple, is it possible to download Dropbox and the files and two or more computers? I would like to have my files downloaded at my office as well as my home. With this somehow not sync properly with each other?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: installing Dropbox on multi computers

Super User II
Super User II

That's the entire point of Dropbox; to keep files in-sync across all your devices. Basic users can link up to three devices to their account. Plus, Professional and Business users can link an unlimited number of devices.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

That's the entire point of Dropbox; to keep files in-sync across all your devices. Basic users can link up to three devices to their account. Plus, Professional and Business users can link an unlimited number of devices.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Thank you, Rich,

I had done this with a Mac in the past and it would create a duplicate file of the same name but had no substance and couldn't be opened.

Rick

Highlighted

Collaborator | Level 9

Hey Rick, sometimes if the files are not completely done syncing on either end (computer at home or at work) you will see some place-holder files wile the syncing is in progress. You can check with the Dropbox client/icon to see what the syncing status is. But like Rich said, the beauty of Dropbox is you can keep the same files/folders synced across devices.

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?