cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: ios Files App How to delete downloaded files

ios Files App How to delete downloaded files

FilmCompos3r
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I donwloaded a few videos for offline viewing from the new iOS 11 files app with the new Dropbox integration.

I cannot, howver, figure out how to remove the files from local storage. I don't want to delete the files from Dropbox, merely remove the files I've downloaded from the cloud to free up more space.

I checked in the Dropbox App to see if the files were listed in offline files there, but no go. 

Help?

11 Replies 11

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

I've spent a bit of time playing with the Files app since last post (and also on there 'help' section). Neither gives much away. I also cannot find anything for Files in the Settings menus.

Unfortunately as the files are now 'outside' of the Dropbox system Dropbox cannot do anything about it. Maybe worth starting a similar thread at apple.com/support

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

gbolin
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

If the videos you saved are on dropbox, using the Files app for ios 11 shouldn't migrate those videos onto your cloud. It should be opening Dropbox inside of the files app. It works more like a native in app browser, opening up the app you linked to it to show you what is inside of them. I only have the free 5 gb storage that comes with an iphone, but I have saved over 1.5 gb of pictures to my dropbox and it hasn't taken away icloud storage. You may want to just back up all of your photos and contacts to dropbox and delete old texts from your device to free up icloud space. There is also the option of turning off specific apps and deleting their data from backups in the cloud. If it backs up on its own using a server in the app provided by the company that makes that app, go ahead and delete that app's data from Icloud. It backs up on its own and if you upgrade you can sign back in on the new device with everything intact.

Hope this helped!

-G

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you have a similar or new question, you could post it in the Find Answers section here. ]
Need more support?