cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 10 unlocked, but Dropbox says "device is locked". I cannot upload photos for 3 weeks now.

iphone 10 unlocked, but Dropbox says "device is locked". I cannot upload photos for 3 weeks now.

vivifliouka
Explorer | Level 4

iphone 10 unlocked, but dropbox says device is locked and cannot upload photos since 7 Jan. 2020

32 Replies 32

Re: iphone 10 unlocked, but Dropbox says "device is locked". I cannot upload photos for 3

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hey @vivifliouka, I'm sorry to hear you've been having trouble with this!

Would you mind sending me a screenshot of the error that you're seeing (excluding any personal info)?

Can you let me know exactly what steps you're taking before you receive the error?

Let me know - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: iphone 10 unlocked, but Dropbox says "device is locked". I cannot upload photos for 3

vivifliouka
Explorer | Level 4

Hello and thank you for your prompt response. I attach the screenshot. I usually connect my iphone Xs and immediately starts the upload even if it is locked. For three weeks now (I dont remember if I upgraded the iOs or the dropbox app) it doesnt, I see at first the message that says it will take a while to find the files to upload and immediately says the phone is locked. 

εικόνα_Viber_2020-01-20_13-53-47.jpg

Rich
Super User II

Have you trusted the computer on the iPhone? If memory serves, that message can happen if iOS doesn't trust the computer you're connecting it to.

vivifliouka
Explorer | Level 4

I just reset the option at iphone settings about location and privacy as suggested by your link still no upload, still device locked 

Thank you for your reply

Also I wanted to add that I tried the solution I found here, from 2015 that says you have to open the fotos at the phone, which was simple enough but didnt work 😞

Daphne
Dropboxer

Thanks for the info @vivifliouka!

Could you try the steps mentioned by Walter here, to see if this does the trick?

If not, can you let me know which version of the desktop app you're running?

Also, can you please make sure that there are no OS updates pending for your mobile and computer.

Keep me posted!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

vivifliouka
Explorer | Level 4

Good morning from sunny Greece!

Thank you for your time. My dropbox version is 884172. 

I have tried the trust concept a couple of times yesterday when another user suggested it. No luck. 

But!!! Working from home today, I am on my laptop, same windows version same dropbox version and the upload is going on! Finally! Unfortunately I cannot know why. If you have any suggestions on settings I should check out let me know.. 

My upload here is ssoooooo slow but at least it is happening!!! 

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hey again @vivifliouka, I'm happy to hear that it's working for you on another device!

If you're still having issues with the first device, I'd be happy to look into this further with you to see if we can resolve the issue there.

Let me know if you'd like to, and I can reach out to the email linked with your profile.

Have a beautiful (and sunny) day ahead! :sun:

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

vivifliouka
Explorer | Level 4

Good morning! 

Thank you for your kind offer, if you really have the time to help I would appreciate it, since this is my main pc with the problem and I upload fotos every day.

Thank you! 

Daphne
Dropboxer

Of course @vivifliouka!

I've just reached out to the email, when you have the chance please check you inbox and we'll take it from there.

Cheers!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?