cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 5 unlocked, but dropbox says device is locked and cannot upload photos from iphone 5

iphone 5 unlocked, but dropbox says device is locked and cannot upload photos from iphone 5

Raman G.
New member | Level 1

Phone will not transfer photos from phone even though phone is unlocked, "device is locked, Dropbox couldn't import photos"
really annoying. Not sure if this is an iphone or dropbox issue.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Re: iphone 5 unlocked, but dropbox says device is locked and cannot upload photos from iphone 5

Bob N.6
New member | Level 2

I think I found how to make it work:

right-click on DropBox icon in tray
open options (gear icon)
select "preferences"
select "Import" tab
click on "Change autoplay settings"
find the iPhone device on the list and change the setting to "ask me every time"
then:
pause syncing on DropBox gear icon
connect your iphone
un-pause DropBox
select "trust this computer" on the iphone
on the pop-up about what to do with the new iPhone connection, choose "sync" photos

(for some reason, sometimes I have to reverse the last two steps

View solution in original post

Re: iphone 5 unlocked, but dropbox says device is locked and cannot upload photos from iphone 5

Meena L.
New member | Level 1

What worked for me was this...

unlock the phone, go into photos before plugging in the wire..

it should start syncing

View solution in original post

28 Replies 28

Bob N.6
New member | Level 2

Having the same problem. Camera upload stopped working automatically in Jan. I just got a new Windows 8 machine. When I plug in the iphone, it asks "trust? don't trust?". I press Trust. Laptop says "iPhone is locked". ARGH....

Bob N.6
New member | Level 2

I just tried something.

-- Wake up your iPhone.

-- Click your DropBox control icon and Pause Syncing
-- Connect USB cord to iPhone
-- Click "Trust"
-- Resume syncing

It worked!

Raman G.
New member | Level 1

I tried to pause syncing.. then trust, this did not work. I'm assuming this is an issue with the iphone itself, perhaps the latest version of itunes?
either way, its very annoying when dropbox doesn't work.

Bob N.6
New member | Level 2

Sorry it didn't help. The only other thing I did was turn off the finger-print recognition. Just grasping at straws...

Bob N.6
New member | Level 2

I think I found how to make it work:

right-click on DropBox icon in tray
open options (gear icon)
select "preferences"
select "Import" tab
click on "Change autoplay settings"
find the iPhone device on the list and change the setting to "ask me every time"
then:
pause syncing on DropBox gear icon
connect your iphone
un-pause DropBox
select "trust this computer" on the iphone
on the pop-up about what to do with the new iPhone connection, choose "sync" photos

(for some reason, sometimes I have to reverse the last two steps

Karin K.2
New member | Level 1

i have the exact same issue but using the pause sync method does not work. was going to try using this last suggestion but cannot find "change autoplay settings" anywhere in the preferences. this is what it looks like when i open the import tab:

></p>

<p> </p>

<p>does anyone have a suggestion how i can solve this problem? i have tried turning off the passcode and restarting both the phone and computer a number of times, still cant get it to import any photos or videos</p>

Raman G.
New member | Level 1

Hi Karin. I had the same problem! I found the solution on this apple link here. You need to completely uninstall ALL TRACES of itunes until there is no sign of it on your computer. Do you have 10bit uninstaller? that can help. Once you have deleted every bit, a reinstall will fix the problem. Have a look here at this link I think it can help you!

https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT204275

Karin K.2
New member | Level 1

oh i forgot to mention i am using a mac! i thought uninstalling itunes was not an option but seems like it is actually possible, will try it. dont like itunes anyways 🙂 thanks for helping out!

Karin K.2
New member | Level 1

after uninstalling itunes and all related files, the problem still persists. dropbox keeps saying my iphone is locked, although it is not. is there any way to get around this? i miss using dropbox!!!

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

feldmania New member | Level 2
    stevo New member | Level 2
    Ben T.6 New member | Level 1
    Pam A.3 New member | Level 1
    Brian M.47 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?