cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: iphone issues connecting to Dropbox

iphone issues connecting to Dropbox

Andy Snowden
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I'm having ussiues connecting to Dropbox from an iphone running ios 12.4.7

Geeting these errors (see pics below). Nothing wrong with internet connection as all other online stuffis working perfectly.

Anyone have any ideas? 

dropbox-1 (1).jpgdropbox-2.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Would you mind just trying to sign in to your account via a private browsing window in Safari @Andy Snowden?

Also, can you let me know if you get the same error if you try connecting over cellular data instead?

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @Andy Snowden, I hope you're well today!

Can you let me know if you're able to sign into Dropbox from the Safari browser on your mobile?

Also, out of curiosity do you happen to be on a Basic plan with 3 or more devices connected? You can check your account's Plan from here, and your currently connected devices from here.

Let me know - thanks!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Andy Snowden
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Sorry for the slow response - no I can't get to Dropbox with Safari, or Chrome even. Chrome error shown below. What is going on here?

chrome-error-grab.png

Andy Snowden
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Additionally - I have just unlinked old devices but I'm still getting the non-secure error message.

The only way I can access Dropbox is via a Windows PC. All ios devices can't connect.

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Would you mind just trying to sign in to your account via a private browsing window in Safari @Andy Snowden?

Also, can you let me know if you get the same error if you try connecting over cellular data instead?

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Andy Snowden
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Hi Daphne - private browsing makes no difference, but switching to mobile data only (ie not connecting via wifi) does allow me log in.

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I'm glad to hear that @Andy Snowden!

Just want to double check with you, are you able to use the WiFi connection for the mobile app without issue now?

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Andy Snowden
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

No sorry have just tried and still can't access via mobile app :slight_frown:

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I see, thanks for clarifying that for me @Andy Snowden.

If possible, could you try restarting your Internet router and see if that does the trick? It's odd that the app works okay over cellular data and not WiFi, this would point to an issue with the WiFi connection.

Let me know how it goes!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Andy Snowden
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi Daphne,

It can't be the router because this PC I am on now is running through it too and it works fine.

This is deffo some security issue between your server(s) and my ios.

Need more support?