cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is Instagram messing with Dropbox by adding a stupid bunny graphic to links?

is Instagram messing with Dropbox by adding a stupid bunny graphic to links?

dennis z.
Explorer | Level 4

Does anyone know why there is a bunny graphic added to every dropbox link, when I send them in chat on Instagram?  it's a line drawing for a bunny drinking bubble tea and it looks terrible and unprofessional.  I see lots of other people are having this problem and tried all sorts of things, so before you start suggesting the things on the troubleshooting script, we've tried all that, could you please try posting a link in chat and see what happens.

I think it might be facebook messing with Dropbox but I don't have a way to test it.  It happens from my Android phone and my Windows 10 computer, both Firefox and Chrome..

thank you!

6 Replies 6

Re: is Instagram messing with Dropbox by adding a stupid bunny graphic to links?

Mark
Super User II

Hi @dennis z. 

Its intentional - thats part of the Dropbox site. 

If the software can display or show the file you have sent as a link it will display a preview of it, if it cannot display the file then you get the bunny icon (same as if you go direct to the website) and then you are asked to download it.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Re: is Instagram messing with Dropbox by adding a stupid bunny graphic to links?

dennis z.
Explorer | Level 4

thanks for letting me know.  it looks so terrible and embarrassingly unprofessional!  its very disappointing that someone thought THAT was a good default image. 

is there any way to turn it off or at least change it?  the links I'm send are just a folder with jpg images, could I pick one of those? 

dennis z.
Explorer | Level 4

I've seen other messages complaining about it, from a year ago..  how is no one capable of doing anything about about it?  what needs to happen to get someone to change it?  thanks

Who has the authority to change the Bunny Thumbnail Preview?

dennis z.
Explorer | Level 4

Who has the authority to change the Bunny Thumbnail Preview?  

I don't care why someone thought that was a good image to add to every dropbox link by default, but I want it changed or deleted.  it looks so bad and people have been complaining for more than a year.

so does anyone know who can address this?

thanks!

Megan
Dropboxer
Hey @dennis z., thanks for sharing this with us here!

We value the comments you share here because it allows us to better understand how Dropbox integrates into and affects your everyday workflow. 

I'd recommend going to our "Share an Idea"section of the forum, where you can do just that! You can either vote up or down on other people's suggestions, or you can make your own.

Hope this helps!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

dennis z.
Explorer | Level 4

what a useless canned response 😡

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

dennis z. Explorer | Level 4
    Megan Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?