cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labeling not showing - Error details: Error loading metadata. Please reload Trezor Wallet.

labeling not showing - Error details: Error loading metadata. Please reload Trezor Wallet.

dragonfuse21
Helpful | Level 6

Hello guys,

I've contacted trezor support to solve it as I was sure it is because of their website issue.

They said that the problem lays on the dropbox end so let me describe it.

I have 2 accounts on the trezor where the #1 was getting all different labels I put for past year.

I have account #2 where I started to put labeling as well but after months and months of cool working now I started to get an error:

"Labeling error - Error details: Error loading metadata. Please reload Trezor Wallet."

It simply does not show me on the explorer the space to put the label.

On account #1  there is no place for this but what is funny, that account #2 has it and I can edit put and save those labels.

I've tried to clear the cache, I've tried to switch off the vpn, I've tried to start the trezor on a totally clean machine and the issue still exist, I've even tried to load older files from dropbox - nothing helps!

Can anyone explain me what went wrong? I simply lost all labeling back from past year for account #1

Screens: account #1

image.png

Account #2

image.png

Any help is much appreciated!

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: labeling not showing - Error details: Error loading metadata. Please reload Trezor Wallet.

dragonfuse21
Helpful | Level 6

The disconnection of the app helped and metadata error does not appear anymore but I lost the labeling. Anyway at least I'm able to save the things there again. Thank you for all your help.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Re: labeling not showing - Error details: Error loading metadata. Please reload Trezor Wallet.

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hi there @dragonfuse21, I hope you're well today!

Since this isn't an app that we have an official integration with, our knowledge on how this app works is limited. If there is an integration offered with Dropbox then this will be offered from Trezor and not us.

In this case, they would have a better insight into how the integration works with Dropbox. I'll try my best to assist you with this where I can.

First of all, can you let me know a bit more about how Dropbox comes into play with this issue? If you can give me a step-by-step of the actions you're taking when running into this error, it would be very helpful.

Keep me posted!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

dragonfuse21
Helpful | Level 6

Ehhh I see they send me to you and you send me to them I simply feel that third party integrations are always a headache.

Anyway, I simply connect my trezor, load the official website of trezor, put the pin, enable the labeling, confirm on trezor and after a couple of seconds I receive this error which I'm sending below:

image.png

The weird thing is that I get this error even on account #2 where the labeling works.

Daphne
Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me here @dragonfuse21.

I completely understand, third party apps are indeed a little tricky sometimes but I wouldn't want you to feel lost in the middle here! 

In these cases where it's not an official Dropbox integration, we might have to direct you to check in with the devs of the other app that you're using since the integration is built from their side using the freely available Dropbox API.

This would mean that they have a better insight into how the integration works is all. Let's see what we can do here though.

Just a bit of basic troubleshooting, can you let me know if you've tried the following?

• Cleared your browser's cache and try the steps again.
  • Use an incognito/private browsing window
  • Use another web browser

I know you mentioned trying this on a clean machine, but this will help to rule out any browser specific issues.

Let me know how it goes!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

dragonfuse21
Helpful | Level 6

Thank you for your patience as I lost it some time again with this issue.

OK, so to respond the questions of your.

1 - Yes I've tried to clear cache.

2 - No I didn't try as incognito, did that now and as soon as I accept labeling on trezor via "confirm" it gives me the "Labeling error" as I pasted above.

3 - I've tried to use different browser as well, it was chrome, tried on safari too but it does not support bridge of trezor so it will not give me results at all.

What other steps an I take?

Daphne
Dropboxer

Thanks for trying those steps @dragonfuse21!

Another step I can suggest would be to disconnect the apps and reconnect them.

To be honest, I'm not sure how that will affect the files or setup you have within Trezor as this is not an app that I use myself.

I'd suggest only to do this step if you're sure that there wouldn't be any data loss, you can find out more on the steps to disconnect the app from here.

There wouldn't be more that I could really suggest in terms of further troubleshooting for this if the issue persists. There may be other users around the Community that have some suggestions though.

Hope that helps!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

dragonfuse21
Helpful | Level 6

I will do the backup of the files and try it later and will let you know if the solution helped or not.

dragonfuse21
Helpful | Level 6

The disconnection of the app helped and metadata error does not appear anymore but I lost the labeling. Anyway at least I'm able to save the things there again. Thank you for all your help.

View solution in original post

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?