cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

last windows 10 update killed dropbox (August 2019)

last windows 10 update killed dropbox (August 2019)

satoriofvulcan
Explorer | Level 3

After the last windows 10 update in August 2019, dropbox stopped working. 

I uninstalled, reinstalled several times.  All I can get with a fresh installation is the dropbox icon appears in the tray for about 4 seconds then is gone.   Any ideas how to get dropbox back ?   Thank you.

16 Replies 16

Re: last windows 10 update killed dropbox (August 2019)

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hey there @satoriofvulcan

Could it be that there's a third party app or a security software that's blocking or hindering the start up process of the desktop app, like an antivirus?

For this reason, could you please try temporarily disabling it, as well as ensuring that you have  configured your firewall to work with Dropbox?

Additionally, please ensure that there isn't a proxy, VPN, or ISP/router issues that's restricting traffic to these Dropbox domains

Let me know how it goes!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

s95300zx
Explorer | Level 3

Having just about the same issue here - Windows 10, ver. 1903, build 18362.295. Just tried to install Dropbox for the first time on a newly imaged computer - it installs, but when you try to connect it just comes up with "Something went wrong", and no error message. Have uninstalled, downloaded the .exe file multiple times, installation finished completely but when it launches I still get the same message. When I click on the icon in the sys tray, it says "click here to sign in and get started", but the same message comes up. I can get to my dropbox online with no issues. And, it's working on another computer, running a different version of Windows 10. Firewall is not blocking - app is allowed, no proxy server, and not blocked by antivirus. Ideas? Thanks.

satoriofvulcan
Explorer | Level 3

Firewall allows dropbox through.

No dropbox folder in Explorer, when I run it from the startup menu, it appears on task bar then disappears.  Have tried various online reinstalls, etc.  Nothing seems to work to fix it. 

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hey there @s95300zx, sorry to hear that you're also experiencing something similar. 

Could you please send me a screenshot (without any personal info) of the error message you mention so as to have a better visual understanding? 

Thanks in advance!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Lusil
Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me, @satoriofvulcan, and apologies for missing your second post. 

I've sent you a ticket to the email address associated with your Community so that we can have a more in-depth look on the behavior you're experiencing. 

Cheers!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

s95300zx
Explorer | Level 3

Hey  Lusil - thanks for responding so that I can  hopefully resolve my issue! I've attached a screen shot of the "error" - it's quite vague, and simply says to visit the help center. Happens when I try to sign in to connect my installed version. I can log in just fine to the online version.dropbox error message 82119.PNGdropbox error message 82119.PNGdropbox error message 82119.PNG

Lusil
Dropboxer

No worries, @s95300zx! Thanks for getting back to me with the screenshots, much appreciated. 

To further investigate, I've sent you a ticket to the email address associated with your Community profile. 

When you have the chance, please check your inbox for my latest message and we'll take it from there. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

mksm0k3
Explorer | Level 4

Has there been a solution for this? I'm experiencing a similar issue

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hey @mksm0k3, sorry to hear that. 

Just to ensure that I have a better understanding of your concern, are you also getting a "Something went wrong" error, is the Dropbox icon disappearing from the system tray? 

Any details you can provide me on this would be very helpful. Thanks!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropboxer
    LMenchiari New member | Level 2
    satoriofvulcan Explorer | Level 3
    mksm0k3 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?