cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

loadlibrary failed error 114

loadlibrary failed error 114

murow
Explorer | Level 3

i am running with windows 10 latest release.

i installed it 2 days ago and worked well and suddenly gave me the dll failed and initializacion routine failed

14 Replies 14

Re: loadlibrary failed error 114

Mark
Super User II

Tried a reinstall?

What about downloading again from www.dropbox.com/downloading

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

murow
Explorer | Level 3

hi:

it did not. i applied what is called advanced reinstall from a dropbox article and cleanup some system folders

rebooted. reinstall and everything installed correcty.

ran the dropbox app and then changed folder to my d:\dropbox drive where i used to have all the files before.  it then started indexing thousand of files for more then 2 hours ok  and suddenly again quit the ap with the same error.  it says also, a DLL initialization routing failed and same error 1114 load library failed.  

i start  double click the app again and gives the same error

any other ideas?

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hey there peeps!

So, @murow, from what I could find I believe it might be an error given by Windows rather than Dropbox. However I would like to look further into this with you, so could you please send me a screenshot of the error message you receive and the error log (there should be blue hyperlink in the error message for this).

Please make sure to exclude any personal info in the screenshot. I’ll be looking forward to hearing from you - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Erik13
New member | Level 2
Misschien zoiets 1) Start uw computer en meld u aan als beheerder.

2) Klik op de Start-knop en selecteer vervolgens Alle programma's, Accessoires, Systeemwerkset en klik vervolgens op Systeemherstel.

3) Selecteer in het nieuwe venster de optie "Herstel mijn computer naar een eerdere tijd" en klik vervolgens op Volgende.

4) Selecteer het meest recente systeemherstelpunt in de lijst "In deze lijst, klik op een herstelpunt" en klik vervolgens op Volgende.

5) Klik op Volgende in het bevestigingsvenster.

6) Start de computer opnieuw op wanneer de restauratie is voltooid

murow
Explorer | Level 3

hi daphne:

thanks for getting back. tell me what log you want to see. i mean detailed steps on how to get you that.

the error on the display was very simple, a little window with the words I already described.

regards

jaime murow

murow
Explorer | Level 3

hi erik

can you write me in english or spanish. i dont know if your language was german or dutch..

regards

jaime murow

murow
Explorer | Level 3

for all of trying to help i have executed these instructions and got the same error

https://help.dropbox.com/desktop-web/advanced-reinstall

regards

jaime murow

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hey @murow,

When you receive the error message, within that dialog box you should see a blue hyperlink that will give you the error log. If you are not seeing this blue hyperlink then it does suggests the error is from the OS rather than Dropbox.

From having a dig around, it appears that this is the case and so I would recommend contacting Microsoft support for assistance with this. 

Let me know how it goes - Cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Erik131
New member | Level 2
Tal vez algo así 1) Inicie su computadora e inicie sesión como administrador.

2) Haga clic en el botón Inicio y luego seleccione Todos los programas, Accesorios, Herramientas del sistema y luego haga clic en Restaurar sistema.

3) En mi nueva ventana, seleccione la opción "Restaurar mi computadora a una hora del canal" y luego haga clic en Siguiente.

4) Seleccione el punto de restauración del sistema más reciente de la lista "En esta lista, haga clic en un punto de restauración", y luego haga clic en Siguiente.

5) Haga clic en Siguiente en la ventana de confirmación.

6) Cuando la restauración esté completa, reinicie la computadora
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Dragon uber 222 New member | Level 2
    Daphne Dropboxer
    murow Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?