cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox: don't interfere with my MacOS sidebar!!

Re: Submitting bug report

Walter
Dropboxer
Hi @karpinski, thanks for joining the discussion and sorry for any confusion.

I just used the email address that's connected to your profile here, on our Community to reach out so we can investigate further.

At your convenience, please have a look at your inbox and we'll take it from there. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

naii
Helpful | Level 6

@Walter 

I think it goes without saying that I’m also still (or again) affected, because the "fix" of disabling "Early releases" in the settings didn’t work anymore - it only lasted 9 days.

So, I’d like to be kept in the loop as well.

or… 

or…

I’d be very happy if there was a new release of the Dropbox desktop app that includes a fix for the bug entirely for EVERYONE. I’d very much prefer that 🙂

Thanks for all your hard work, I believe it’s no walk in the park to spot the bug AND fix it.

Cheers 🙏

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey @naii, thanks for the nudge!

I just sent you an email again to have a better look into this matter internally.

At your convenience, please take a look at your inbox for my message and we'll take it from there.

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Dropbox keeps adding itself back to my Mac Finder Sidebar Favourites on every restart

BND
New member | Level 2

Thanks for posting, I agree "This is user-hostile and does not reflect a customer-friendly design." It's antagonistic and a deliberate use of self promotion by Dropbox. STOP ABUSING MY SIDEBAR DROPBOX.

Sii
Helpful | Level 6

Hi @Walter, yes please, I'm still being affected by this issue and anything you can do to help would be most appreciated.  (My Dropbox account is linked to this user account 🙂 )

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @terra1983, & @Don1990, thanks for posting today! 

Would it be okay for me to reach out to your Community linked email, so we can have a closer look into this? 

Let me know!

Lori
dropbox.com/support

Don1990
Helpful | Level 7

@Lori sure, feel free to do so.

Thread: macOS Finder sidebar: remove Dropbox icon permanently

Gregg S.3
Collaborator | Level 8

Hi, Walter. Yes, please message me for more contact info and tell me how to connect with you for a sysdiag.  

Thank you.

Re: Thread: macOS Finder sidebar: remove Dropbox icon permanently

Saphira
Helpful | Level 7

Walter/Lori,

I'd just like you to know that the person who emailed me a suggestion not only misunderstands the problem (I do not want to REMOVE the icon, I just don't want YOU moving it where I don't want it), but also marked my issue "solved" before I even woke up this morning, much less had a chance to try the suggestion he offered in the email he sent overnight.

That takes a whole lot of nerve and creates a truly crappy customer experience.

terra1983
Collaborator | Level 8
Hi @Lori yes please do.
Apparently the issue is being misunderstood by you guys. This is not a dumb "how do I remove the shortcut from my sidebar" question. It is flagging an issue with dropbox's overstepping its boundaries. I've given your software access to my finder. Don't take advantage of it.
Need more support?