cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox: don't interfere with my MacOS sidebar!!

Saphira
Helpful | Level 7

In fairness, I think there is one person here who wants it gone completely. The rest of us, however, just want DB to stop moving things without our permission.

Walter
Dropboxer
Thanks for your cooperation @Sii & @Gregg S.3 - I just sent you both a ticket to have a better look into this internally. 

To the rest of the people who reported here, thank you all for your feedback and patience thus far. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

terra1983
Collaborator | Level 8
My guess is that this is not a bug but an intentional change in design. Since Adobe does the same, i would assume DB are simply following their footsteps.
Oh look, another free space where we can slap our brand in front of our customers. Let's make the shortcut permanent so they can't even remove it.

Saphira
Helpful | Level 7

If it's an attempt at brand promotion, IMO, it fails badly--the whole reason I came here in the first place is that I pay no attention to the stuff Apple puts at the top of that sidebar. Every time the icon moves to the top of the list, I lose it and have to go find it again.

That's hardly making something more prominent!

terra1983
Collaborator | Level 8
Lol it's not supposed to work for you.. that's not how subliminal brand stamping on everything and everything in our lives works. It's about getting your brand placed wherever you can find a space, and if there's another brand in that space, you think of a way to make yours on top of it.

Saphira
Helpful | Level 7

Except it was already there, and I saw it all the time, because I use DB ALL THE TIME. If that was their plan, they literally broke it in this case.

terra1983
Collaborator | Level 8
I agree, it was there. But you could remove it or move it if you wanted to. Now it is a permanent fixture of everyone's sidebar whether they like it or not.

Wall-e is actually happening.

Saphira
Helpful | Level 7

I'm confused. You said just a few posts ago that you don't want to get rid of it, just move it. The sidebar item has been a feature for as long as I can remember (and I've had DB almost since the beginning). Now you seem to want to be rid of it completely.

terra1983
Collaborator | Level 8
No my dear. You should have the OPTION to remove it if you want to (for my personal setup i would like to simply move it to where it belongs in my the rest of my sidebar's shortcuts)

It's not that complicated. You should simply be able to remove it AND move it if you want to.

EDITED

Saphira
Helpful | Level 7

"My dear"?? No, thank you.

An option is fine, though I'm not sure one has ever existed. But we should definitely be able to move it where we want it, as we were able to before now.

Need more support?