cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox: don't interfere with my MacOS sidebar!!

terra1983
Collaborator | Level 8
The sidebar is a Finder panel that houses aliases (shortcuts) to specific folders. Dropbox's appearance in there is not a "feature" but nothing more than an alias. The ability to fully customize this sidebar and every single item on there, is how it has always been and how it should be. The likes of Adobe and Dropbox instead have found a back door to force their own aliases to behave very differently from the rest.

Pls dont confuse this issue as we need to be able to bring this to the attention of the Dropbox devs. It's already strangely difficult to grasp even for their support team.

Saphira
Helpful | Level 7

I'm not confusing anything. I was attempting to clarify your position...which is why I asked for clarification.

I don't need a lecture about the actual issue (which is not actually difficult to grasp at all--they've altered where the alias lives, and some people would like to be able to remove it completely), or to be referred to as "my dear" (you don't even know my gender and it's incredibly condescending regardless). I'm asking you nicely to stop engaging with me, especially in this manner.

I will no longer reply to you.

Miklos P.1
Helpful | Level 6

I have now uninstalled Dropbox from my Macs, iPhone and iPad. Sayonara! Moved everything over to iCloud Drive and Google Drive. See ya, it's been good to know ya!

Dropbox keeps changing its position in MacOS sidebar

SFTS
Helpful | Level 5

Hello!

After the latest MacOS update, Dropbox keeps removing itself from the Finder sidebar, and keeps adding itself back first. You can check out the video of the issue here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/svfuauyw3hnltlq/dropbox_sidebar_issue.mov?dl=0

It happens on every reboot of the Dropbox. I've tried reinstalling and advanced reinstalling the app, as well as standard MacOS stuff (resetting SMC, NVRAM/PRAM, etc.). I'm on MacOS Mojave, Macbook Pro 15" 2018.

I would appreciate any help to fix this. Thanks.

Dropbox for macOS keeps placing its icon on top of the Finder sidebar

Alexander Z.4
Helpful | Level 5

I can drag the icon lower or even remove it from the Finder sidebar—whatever, eventually it gets back on top of the sidebar. Does anyone experience the same thing? Can it be fixed?

Currently I'm working with Dropbox client v132.3.3795 in macOS Big Sur 11.6.

Re: Dropbox for macOS keeps placing its icon on top of the Finder sidebar

rainfallrose
Explorer | Level 4

I'm having the same problem – I just want Dropbox to stay where I put it in the Finder sidebar. @dropbox please fix this!

Re: Dropbox for macOS keeps placing its icon on top of the Finder sidebar

arcady
Explorer | Level 4
Same thing here, and it's destroying my workflow. I will much sooner rid myself of @dropbox than let it interfere in this way. Since it's an issue that is presently getting attention, I will give it a couple more days

Don1990
Helpful | Level 7

Hi @Lori ,

Haven't heard anything from you yet. Can you give us a status update? Thank you.

Saphira
Helpful | Level 7

FWIW, the last message I got said, "I relayed the details of your problem to our engineering team. From here, they’ll evaluate the problem and work toward a solution."

That was on Friday. (This was after I pointed out that they marked my issue "solved" without any evidence of same.) I have not heard anything esle.

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey there @SFTS, @Alexander Z.4, @rainfallrose, @arcady - thank you all for your reports.

I've just sent you all an email to investigate this matter internally.

Note that I also sent you one too since @Lori is out of office at this time @Don1990

Whenever you get the chance, please have a look at your inbox and we'll take it from there.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?