cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox: don't interfere with my MacOS sidebar!!

Re: Dropbox folder keeps re-appearing on Mac finder sidebar

warrenao
Helpful | Level 6

Feel free, Lori, thanks!

(An aside: I searched the fora and did not find any other references to my problem until I got a response, whereupon I discovered myself in a thread of others with exactly the same problems. Odd, that.)

Position Dropbox in favorites (mac)

kat8
Explorer | Level 4

I´m using Mac and Dropbox-Folder always puts itself in the first position of my favorites. I don´t want this and changed it several times. How can change this forever? Any suggestions? (using Mojave)

Re: Position Dropbox in favorites (mac)

db-user
New member | Level 2

Same behavior on Mac here.  At every restart, when Dropbox starts a Dropbox icon appears at the top of the Favorites in the sidebar of Finder windows.

It would be great if someone has a solution for removing the icon from the Finder sidebar and have it stay that way across restarts.

Re: macOS Finder sidebar: remove Dropbox icon permanently

Axel_108
New member | Level 2

Same here! I cannot remove it, I cannot position it even below MY PRIVATE USER. This is unacceptable. Dropbox better fix this quickly! I am already considering the options to move everything to iCloud drive. Also whenever I attach a new drive drobox interferes with a message. They are clearly overstepping borders here and this for being way more expensive than the competition. 

mlokterp
New member | Level 2

My sentiments exactly! I have tried removing it from my finder window, quit dropbox, go to applications,  re opening dropbox and it puts it back to the top of my favorites list in finder. I have moved it back where it was, quit drop box, go to applications re open dropbox and it puts it back to the top of the list of my favorites in finder.  Very annoying. Dropbox should not have control over my workflow. If it keeps doing this I will be removing the dropbox application. OneDrive was doing the same thing, we call that kind of manipulation a virus. OneDrive did the same thing. We removed OneDrive, killed it. My workspace, I own it. 

Don1990
Helpful | Level 7

For anybody interested, I received an email from @Walter stating the following:

"Thank you for confirming this for me and alerting us to this problem. Our engineers are aware of the problem and are working on a solution. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. I'll let you know once I have an update."

So they are working on it. Let's hope we'll receive a solution soon 👍

rwmorris
Helpful | Level 6

I have the same issue.

Observed behavior: Everytime I reboot my mac or restart Dropbox, the Dropbox shortcut appears at the top of Finder's sidebar. I remove it and it reappears on the next reboot or restart.

Expected behavior:  Removal of the Dropbox shortcut in the sidebar by the user should persist (until the user adds it to the sidebar). 

SFTS
Helpful | Level 5

Received the same e-mail from @Walter . After asking when we can expect this issue to be fixed, received the following e-mail:

"I just wanted to update you and let you know we're still working on this. I'll get back to you as soon as I have more information."

For over 10 years there was no such problem. This issue is less than 1 month old. I'm not that well-versed in the app code, but it doesn't seem to be hard to revert a couple of changes (considering that the issue is very well-documented). Well, unless these changes are intentional.

With all due respect, this response from dropbox crew looks rather like a middle finger to their clients than actual help.

Re: Submitting bug report

dropminio
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Walter, still happening here. Happy to discuss/investigate via email.

user423890
Explorer | Level 4

4 weeks later and still no "fix". I've put "fix" in quotes because it was obviously intentional behaviour.

I feel sorry for the support staff who have to also deal with this crap done by the development/macOS team.

This has never ever happened, and 4 weeks later, it still has not be reverted. I will not use Dropbox if you keep annoying me. It's like an advertisement built directly into Finder.

Need more support?