Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

macOS Mojave compatibility?

LuoBoRu New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Is Dropbox is compatible with macOS 10.14 Mojave? I tried installing Mojave and get the error message "macOS cannot be installed because the third-party storage installed in your Mac is not compatible. Contact the supplier directly for assistance." I can only guess this refers to Dropbox, which I have on my Mac. 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Re: macOS Mojave compatibility?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hi there, Dropbox is not considered third party storage, the folder is just a normal folder on your machine. 

This is a Mac error message, and most likely refers to a USB connected storage device which isn’t supported by the Mac itself. 

I’d recommend contacting Apple if you need further assistance on this matter.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

Super User
Super User

Hi @LuoBoRu, The error seems related to your SSD or Hard Drive of your Mac. Have you replaced the SSD/HDD of your mac to a non-apple provided one or is there another third party drive connected to your mac? 

3 Replies 3

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hi there, Dropbox is not considered third party storage, the folder is just a normal folder on your machine. 

This is a Mac error message, and most likely refers to a USB connected storage device which isn’t supported by the Mac itself. 

I’d recommend contacting Apple if you need further assistance on this matter.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Super User
Super User

Hi @LuoBoRu, The error seems related to your SSD or Hard Drive of your Mac. Have you replaced the SSD/HDD of your mac to a non-apple provided one or is there another third party drive connected to your mac? 

LuoBoRu New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Yes, I do have a third-party SSD installed in my Mac, so maybe that's the issue, and not Dropbox. I'll dig deeper on the Apple forums to see if there's a solution. Thanks!

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?