cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

microsoft needs full access?

microsoft needs full access?

tedgotsoul
Explorer | Level 4

it's cool that you can open up a document on your phone and edit it really quick if you have the microsoft word app installed....  but microsoft wants full access to every file?  what's up with that?  i'm happy to let them look at the one file i need to edit... but everything?  sooooo sketchy.  am i right?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: microsoft needs full access?

Lusil
Dropboxer

To edit Microsoft documents, you'll need the Microsoft app.

For you to be able to use the app and edit files, the app requires access which is why it asks for a default permission. 

If you have any further questions regarding access and restrictions for this app, please contact Microsoft directly. 

I hope this helps to some extent!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hi there @tedgotsoul

We'd be more than happy to assist, but I'm not quite sure where we can help on this matter. 

Are you getting a prompt every time you access a file in your Dropbox account?

If so, are you getting this from the website, the desktop app, or the mobile app?

Any additional info and screenshots (without any personal info) would also be very helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

tedgotsoul
Explorer | Level 4

thank you for taking the time to respond.

i only get the prompt the first time i try to edit a document in dropbox with word.  but i feel like it's unsafe to allow microsoft full access to my dropbox account.  am i right?!

Lusil
Dropboxer

Thanks for the additional info, @tedgotsoul - much appreciated. 

Could you please send me a screenshot (omitting personal info) of the message you're seeing which asks you for permission so that I have a better visual understanding of your query?

Thanks again! :grin:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

tedgotsoul
Explorer | Level 4

i don't have sufficient privileges to post pictures on here, haha

it isn't clear what i'm saying?  in order to edit 1 document in dropbox via microsoft word, i have to allow microsoft word "full access" to my dropbox.  i'm guessing that is just way it is... but that feels sketchy to me.

tedgotsoul
Explorer | Level 4

@lusil is there a way to edit word documents in dropbox ios without allowing microsoft full access? 

Lusil
Dropboxer

To edit Microsoft documents, you'll need the Microsoft app.

For you to be able to use the app and edit files, the app requires access which is why it asks for a default permission. 

If you have any further questions regarding access and restrictions for this app, please contact Microsoft directly. 

I hope this helps to some extent!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

View solution in original post

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?