cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Our Community can help you set up and make Dropbox work for you. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

missing folders after mac os upgrade

Helpful | Level 5

Hi! I just upgraded my mac os and dropbox relinked. However, many of the folders I  added during the past year do not appear. I have a long list of folders and I can choose to selectively sync them, but none of my new folders are on this list. 

When I look online, everything is there (of course). In the dropbox app, the list is the same as my finder, from about one year ago.

I have tried unliking/relinking, restarting, etc. Nothing seems to work.

About a year ago, I moved the location of my dropbox folder (it was originally in users) so that xrefs from cad would work with different users. When my computer upgraded it removed this folder. But that doesn't explain why, starting from scratch, dropbox cannot show a list that contains all of my folders?

I really need to get back to work and this is quite frustrating.

Thanks for any help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: missing folders after mac os upgrade

Helpful | Level 5

The dropbox icon is in place and it is up-to-date. I am running a business account.

After clicking on every conceivable setting and admin preference online I finally found something that told me something confusing about some of my folders being online...it was incredibly misleading, but after I clicked on it the rest of my folders were added to my computer. 

Happily, I can work now...

But I have no idea what happened or how to fix it if it happens again...this was really not intuitive at all.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @csublime, thanks for reaching out to us - let's see what we can find. 

As a first step, could you let me know what the Dropbox icon shows (that's next to your computer's clock) when you hover over it? 

Keep me posted!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

The dropbox icon is in place and it is up-to-date. I am running a business account.

After clicking on every conceivable setting and admin preference online I finally found something that told me something confusing about some of my folders being online...it was incredibly misleading, but after I clicked on it the rest of my folders were added to my computer. 

Happily, I can work now...

But I have no idea what happened or how to fix it if it happens again...this was really not intuitive at all.

View solution in original post

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Sounds like you're referring to selective sync@csublime

I'm glad in any case that you were able to resolve your concern in the end. 

If anything else pops up, we're only a post away so give us a shout. Have a lovely day ahead!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Polls
Have you been keeping up good habits while working from home?
We've created a working from home cheat sheet to help keep up on those habits, check it out here.
Need more support?