cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mobile app sync dysfunction

mobile app sync dysfunction

not_krit
Helpful | Level 6

hello, 

I've been using dropbox for quite a long time and I never had a problem with accessing my folders from the mobile app. Recently i created a new folder and uploaded the files using my computer but i can't access them from the mobile app (it works fine if i sign in the website with my phone though). The weird thing is that i can access older folders and files. Is there anything i can do to fix it? i love the mobile app and it's really handy with my university studies, i don't want to sign in the website every time i need access to my material.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: mobile app sync dysfunction

not_krit
Helpful | Level 6
Hey @Walter,
Yes we did manage to solve it, the problem was that i used greek characters to name my folders with reault, the app couldn't recognise them and show them

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Mark
Super User II

Tried a simple reinstall @not_krit ?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

not_krit
Helpful | Level 6
I did... Twice! I even signed in and out from both desktop and phone

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hi there @not_krit

Thanks for reaching out to us, let's see what we can find. 

Since you've already tried reinstalling the mobile app as @Mark suggests (awesome work on that), could you also let me know if you've tried rebooting your device?

If you have, could you clarify for me if you're having trouble opening these folders/files when you're connected to a different WiFi network or/and cellular data?

Let me know how it goes!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

not_krit
Helpful | Level 6
I've tried bort rebooting and changing to cellular data,nothing works @Lusil

Lusil
Dropboxer

Thanks for checking that for me, @not_krit

I've followed up with a ticket to the email address connected to your Community profile so that we can further investigate this. 

When you have the chance, please check your inbox for my latest message and we'll take it from there. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey @not_krit - happy November!

I'm merely checking back on this as I was wondering; did you manage to resolve your concern in the end and if so, what did the trick for you?

Walter
dropbox.com/support

not_krit
Helpful | Level 6
Hey @Walter,
Yes we did manage to solve it, the problem was that i used greek characters to name my folders with reault, the app couldn't recognise them and show them

View solution in original post

Walter
Dropboxer

Thanks for the swift follow up @not_krit; I'm glad to hear you managed to locate the culprit after all!

If you ever come up with a Dropbox question, you know where to find us :wink:

Happy November in the meantime :coffee:

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?