cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What projects do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

mobile app uploading failed

Explorer | Level 4

the mobile app says :

Can't upload file

Please check your internet connection and try again.

My internet connection is fine and it already uploaded 1/4 of the 66 MB smartphone video. 

I uploaded it by clicking "save to dropbox"

I am using iphone 8

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Re: mobile app uploading failed

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @ericyan1; welcome to our Community and sorry to hear you're having issues with uploading files on your iPhone.

To better look into this, can you let me know the exact OS of your iPhone and our mobile app's version as well?

While we're at it, have you tried another network and/or uploading via cellular data? 

Let me know what you find and we'll take it from there!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

I tried cellular data and my dropbox app and  ios version is the newest. I tried wifis in 3 places and none of them work.

Highlighted

anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @ericyan1 

Sorry for the delayed response. Sometimes when you try to upload via cellular data you may run into problems, especially if it's a large file. I am also suprised to hear that when uploading via Wi-Fi you were having problems. Have you tried un-installing and re-installing the Dropbox App and/or clearing your browsing cookies & cache on your phone? If no, please do so. If none of the following works, please reply back and I'll do my best to help you. I hope this helps!

-------

HeartDid this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

it still fails after i am on wifi and reinstalled the app

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for keeping us in the loop @ericyan1.

I'm sorry to ask again, but can you clarify the exact build of your iPhone's OS at this point so we can look further into this?

For example, the latest stable version for iOS and iPadOS is 13.6 at this time; are you on that one?

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?