cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mount dropbox using conda dropbox client

mount dropbox using conda dropbox client

kvshams
Explorer | Level 3

Is there any way to mount the dropbox folder to linux server using the conda dropbox client. I tried by installing the 

conda install -c anaconda dropbox

and did not work. The usual dropbox mounting setup will not work as our server will not allow to install any new softwares that has a new dependency requirment and unfortunately the dropbox need the different version of GCC in the root than in conda by default

2 Replies 2

Re: mount dropbox using conda dropbox client

Daphne
Dropboxer

Welcome to the Dropbox Community @kvshams!

From what you mentioned, it sounds like your setup isn't something that we currently support. In this case, there isn't much that I would be able to suggest in order to get this up and running with your setup.

While some users here might be able to assist you with this, I would also suggest maybe reaching out to the developer of the conda installer (which from what I could find would be Anaconda Support).

Perhaps you could also share a little more info on your current set up here too for any users who may be able to assist with your query?

Sorry that I can't be of much more help here, please do keep up updated though - thanks! 

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: mount dropbox using conda dropbox client

kvshams
Explorer | Level 3

thanks @Daphne!. 

My system is a redhat6 linux server. I will try to create an issue at their @GitHub page.

Shams 

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?