cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple dropbox applications running in paralles, why?

multiple dropbox applications running in paralles, why?

Explorer | Level 4

I have multiple dopbox applications running in paralles. It seams like everytime I swich user on my PC an applicaiton is added until everything becomes extremly slow and evenutally crashes or needs to be killed.

What to do about it?

Capture.PNG

4 Replies 4

Re: multiple dropbox applications running in paralles, why?

Dropboxer
Hey @MasterOfDragon, can you let me know a bit more detail about your current configuration with Parallels if possible?

As a quick fix, I’d suggest checking out the Solution Phontaine had posted us here, as he was also facing a syncing issue & he managed to resolve that by quitting & re-installing the application with admin privileges

Now, this may not be the ideal solution for you, so just in order to make sure I’m advising you correctly, can you let me know whether you’ve tried working on that on your end or you’ve managed to resolve that with a workaround perhaps? 

Thanks & I’ll be awaiting to hearing back from you here!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https:confused face:/dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Explorer | Level 4

I uninstalled and reinstalled dropbox, but problem came up again after some time (I'm only using this computer once in while). 

Currently, it is syncing 200 thsd. somthing files. Looks like it is syncing evey file in my db, even though I have changed only a faction of it. 

The computer is slow until I kill all db processes in the background.

I'm using W10 and DB version 80.4.126.

Explorer | Level 4

I installed DB only on one account on my computer, but it does not seem to get any better. DB slows my computer and a bunch of things running in the background. Don't wanna get a new system intalled to run DB.

Dropbox.PNG

Dropboxer

Hey there @MasterOfDragon,

Just out of curiosity, could you just let me know if this issue persists after rebooting the computer?

Let me know and we'll go from there - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?